Major Y&R actress out!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When you look at the two most prominent storylines going on now, one centers around Jack, the other encompasses Victor...in a medium where the largest number of viewers are women.  Pray tell, what is wrong with that picture?

It's not a huge leap to see why the ratings continue to fall or stagnate on a 'good' week.

• Members

@DramatistDreamer I agree with you that it makes no sense that Mal has put so much focus on the men. They’re important, but literally every story is led by the men with the women supporting. Victoria wasn’t even the lead in her domestic abuse saga. 

When it comes to Eileen they say she’s such a strong personality that it’s difficult to pair her with people, but how do you explain Brad and Victor? The countless men she’s been paired with on DAYS? The problem is how much they value her. I even felt she had chemistry with Ravi and that went nowhere. They simply don’t try. There are guys on canvas she clicks with big they don’t pursue it. And I’m not suggesting she needs a romantic pairing to be viable, I’m just using that as one of the main excuses when people complain they want more Ashley. 

• Members

I always kind of viewed her as Faux Ashley since Brenda E was the Ashley I remember watching for several years.  Of course, the show won't even think to hire her back (they had the opportunity a few years ago when ED was at DAYs yet Sony decided on that duel soap deal instead).

• 2 months later...

Archived