Sign in to follow this  
Toups

LATEST RATINGS: June 4-8, 2018

I wonder if they are struggling to find a replacement. We saw the chaotic and desperate way they dropped Sally Sussman in. If they fire Mal, they have to find both an EP and a HW, and for whatever reason, the show has been reluctant to promote from within since Kay Alden and Jack Smith’s tenures.

17 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Y&R numbers are dreadful. How much longer before Mal gets fired?

10 hours ago, DaytimeFan said:

I'm amazed Mal hasn't already been fired given the year on year declines...but this week's numbers are disastrous.

26 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I wonder if they are struggling to find a replacement. We saw the chaotic and desperate way they dropped Sally Sussman in. If they fire Mal, they have to find both an EP and a HW, and for whatever reason, the show has been reluctant to promote from within since Kay Alden and Jack Smith’s tenures.

Seriously Mal is now at the point where MAB and Sussman were fired, so they must be struggingly to find  a replacement or Sony is going to pull a P&G and just let Mal ride it out like Goutman at ATWT. (Safe choices would be installing Noel Maxam as EP and promoting a Esser/Slater combo; however all three have been through the wringer already with the Sony(Maxam at Days, Esser and Slater being fired by Latham).

Y&R has been holding my attention lately, for the most part, but something isn't working.

Of note, B&B is only 656,000 viewers behind Y&R.  Not that B&B is any better, but it's interesting to see the gap in viewers slowly getting closer.  Granted B&B's numbers are partially due to Y&R's lead-in, so I doubt it would ever take over #1.

Days holding steady, moreso compared to last year.

GH = mess.

It's about that time of year again that we see major TPTB changes again, so it may just well happen. It's sad though that 2010's Y&R has become as bad as 1980s AW with the amount of writing turnover. 

21 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

Just bring back Ed Scott and Kay Alden, and let them close up the show and lay it to rest.

agreed!

On 6/24/2018 at 3:14 PM, DramatistDreamer said:

Mal's numbers look worse than Sally's, by a considerable margin.

With tonight's news I expect the ratings to fall even further......

I was looking through an issue of SOD and admit that I was shocked that Y&R had FINALLY fallen below 3.0 in the Neilsen.

Sign in to follow this