Faulkner

World Cup 2018

10 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Germany is another victim of the defending champ’s curse and is out of the World Cup. South Korea played amazing defense. If only Nigeria had played like that against Argentina yesterday...

Instead we were "treated" to Maradona's (coked out) antics.

8 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Instead we were "treated" to Maradona's (coked out) antics.

Ugh. Maradona. I don’t think Argentina is long for this world in this tournament.

2 hours ago, I Am A Swede said:

Germany's failure is the source of much merriment on social media.....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44632592

That was a lot of fun to read. I saw some of the tweets yesterday about what was going on there, including Mexican fans carrying a South Korean fan around and giving him an impromptu parade.

Japan and Senegal, tied going into today, both lost their matches 0-1, but Japan advances to the knockouts due to incurring fewer yellow cards. So the sole remaining Asian team is in, the last African team is out.

Edited by Faulkner

On 27/06/2018 at 10:48 PM, Faulkner said:

Bless Eric Braeden! Her never met an exclamation mark he didn't like!!

On 28/06/2018 at 2:28 PM, DRW50 said:

That was a lot of fun to read. I saw some of the tweets yesterday about what was going on there, including Mexican fans carrying a South Korean fan around and giving him an impromptu parade.

I saw that! They also had fans congregating outside the South Korean embassy and cheering and saying Mexico adoptes SK as its brother now. Then a couple of Korean diplomats came out and somebody whipped out the tequila and next thing you know, the diplomats were taking tequila shots with the crowd! lol

I've been rooting for Mexico to go through since their first game. Something about the way they joyfully play makes them 'my' team. I'm bored with Brazil, France and the other usual suspects. I don't think Mexico will make it all the way, but Imma cheer them on for as long as they hang on.