RIP Anthony Bourdain

Faulkner

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True, I wasn't a fan of Bourdain's.  Nevertheless, to wake up this morning and hear this news is just devastating.  Especially since it's happening on the heels of Kate Spade's death.  As always, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and colleagues.

There is a lot of sadness in the world right now, and a lot of things are happening to make us all feel sad, too.  I just pray that the rest of us find the strength in the meantime to soldier through the madness.

• Members

I can't believe it...I loved his shows, and he was always such a force of nature. 

Please register in order to view this content

Devastating. All these people suffering in silence like this and choosing to take their lives...

Was he still with Asia Argento?

• Members

I think so, yes. She has gone through hell the last 6 months (publicly - privately much longer of course), being abused and harassed and also all but shunned by many of the names in Italy. I hope she won't blame herself. 

Like Khan, I was not a big personal fan of his (I mostly knew him through Top Chef and his views on Gordon Ramsey) but he seemed to be a rock for Asia and he was a very unique, intelligent voice in the world. This is heartbreaking for his family and I hope they have all the love in the world.

He also helped introduce me and many others to Sandra Lee's Kwanzaa cake...

• Members

Thanks. I feel terrible for her, what she went through with Weinstein, the Italian press reaction, and now this.

I am still in shock. I am devastated it got to this point for him.

Yes, that was what I was thinking.

IA he talked about food, life, love, culture in a unique, interesting way. I really enjoyed his Parts Unknown series. I am devastated for him, his daughter and loved ones.

• Members

It seems to be happening more and more -- and these are only the ones that we know about (i.e.: people in the public eye). Depression is a silent, stalking killer, it feels like, and many, many others are turning to this as a 'way out.' I feel like we are failing people suffering from this and other mental illnesses. Depression needs more than just a doctor's prescription to fix it. It needs constant support, friendship, counselling, a community of understanding. And some luck.

Especially in our current environment, which seems yes more violent and cruel. Emotionally violent too.

Archived