Days: Actress Back

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hell I forgot Billie came back this year! 😂😂😂

When “Stans” were saying she was coming back before, it was all rumors. She visited the set around the taping of the Christmas show for her daughter, Isabella, to appear and they took it as Nicole was back for Christmas with HER daughter, Holly. 

• Members

It sure doesn't seem like it. I actually forget that at one point, Freddie Smith, Greg Vaughan, Camila Banus, etc. took a one-year hiatus or so. With the 6-month advanced taping schedule, you pretty much expect anyone who leaves to pop back in within the year. 

Similarly, I'm glad Brandon Beemer and Martha Madison are returning again (for an extended/contracted stay?), but they've popped in so many times since they officially left as contract players, they've basically recurred ever since. 

• Members

Like I said, that's become DAYS' m.o.: bring back a whole bunch of former actors (whether we wanted them back or not); then, when the returns yield nothing in terms of ratings and buzz, send them away again (or worse, put them on off-contract status).

• Members

RC must feel very miserable writing for Days. Nobody is interested in thinking outside the box, nobody wants to have some fun with the characters. The problem is that Ken Corday and Sony think that they know exactly what the audience wants.

What is next? Austin and Carrie stop by for a visit. Tony/Andre is not dead. Sami briefly returns. Shawn and Kimberly briefly return. Billie shows up for a few episodes. A soap veteran is cast as a character with a name that belongs to a bad 90s Spelling soap and leaves after six months. By the time we read about it they are back. 

• Members

True.  And when a HW or EP does deliver what they think we want, guess what happens?  That's right.  Ratings drop, and Ken and Sony (and NBC) put the blame on the newbie writer and/or producer.

Unfortunately, risk-taking usually translates into something cheap and wrong, like Marlena's demonic possession storyline, or the Salem Stalker, so I don't know what the answer to the dilemma might be.

Archived