Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't think that Abby and Devon are leading characters, but they don't have to be. I think they have nice chemistry and I do believe they could work together. They are already friends and the show could grow the relationship. I could see her offering him support, after Hilary leaves(maybe dies) and things going from there.  Especially if her and Arturo don't make it. I think she might be his best chance for a decent pairing.There really isn't too many other people you could pair him with that are currently on canvas. They could also try someone new but they might struggle finding someone he clicks with. 

 

Also as far as recasting goes for Hilary, I think that might be something they do later on. If they don't do Devon/Abby, or they try him with new people and it doesn't work then I could see them recasting Hilary. I don't think they would recast her right away (though I could be wrong about that).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all prolly know that I'm a HUGE Mishael stan.  This one hurts and will most likely be a deal breaker for me and Y&R.

 

Sony sucks.  How they can't see what a star they have in her is beyond me.  Fuckers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Vee said:

That she may go but Devon will linger on to fail again is a travesty. Just gonna say it.

 

And I'm just gonna agree with it.

17 hours ago, Vee said:

GH has even less investment in black characters than Y&R.

 

Is that even possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I also don't get why when we hear Mishael was not given her due by Sony, we leap to "how dare Bryton remain after her" instead of castigating Sony for their shady business practices.

 

Isn't it possible to do both?

 

Look, I'm not saying the lack of diversity in ALL facets of production isn't a major issue.  However, I'd rather there be NO non-Caucasian actors on this show than to have suffer through mediocre ones like BJ JUST so CBS, Sony and Y&R can feel good about themselves.  Has Y&R routinely given BJ (and MM, and KSJ, and Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams, and so, so many others) subpar material to work with?  Perhaps.  Regardless, though, I feel like the writers are also hamstrung by the fact that BJ is an actor with limited range and an inability to come across on-screen as anything other than a teenager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vee said:

Melissa Ordway is in no way equipped to be a lead even after being around what feels like a decade. She gets off a funny line occasionally but as a dramatic performer she has all the power and gravitas of a rowboat. The two of them together sounds like a backburner pairing.

 

Worse, it sounds like a Ron Carlivati pairing, one of those that's completely off the stove, let alone the front-burner.  You hear they've hooked up; three months later, you hear they've married; three months after that, you hear they've divorced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cat said:

I find Melissa Ordway, as beautiful as she is, such a blank presence. Almost like a fembot. I don't think her acting has improved in all her years on the show. To be fair, the 'snarky' dialogue she gets is cringeworthy, like a poor knockoff of a 2006 CW teen show. I blame JFP for everything for implementing this kind of performative, surface-only, dumbed-down dialogue writing. Even after Jill's departure, Y&R has been unable to shake this sub-Frons-ABC style of 'speaking' which also seems to infect Camryn Grimes' and Jason Thompson's material. Anyway, if actors like Mishael Morgan can rise above that kind of dialogue, I think Ordway should be able to, also. 

 

I cannot say this enough. MM was pretty much giving life to this whole show, and for Y&R/Sony/CBS to be unable to see that, to think they are merely losing a cog in the 'black storyline' wheel, is astounding to me. I am not a black viewer, but that doesn't mean that Hillary wasn't one of my faves, if not my fave, on the show. Anyone with eyes could see what a star she is on Y&R

 

However, if MM is leaving to pursue better opportunities -- and one need only look at Michael B Jordan's career to understand that foolish Daytime's loss is the entertainment world's gain -- I say good luck to her. I hope she gets some major breaks.

 

Amen to this entire post and especially to the bold.  I still can't understand WTF they are thinking by letting her go.  It will leave a HUGE gaping hole in this show when she's gone.  There's no one there to fill her void, not even close.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xtr said:

I don't think that Abby and Devon are leading characters, but they don't have to be. I think they have nice chemistry and I do believe they could work together. They are already friends and the show could grow the relationship. I could see her offering him support, after Hilary leaves(maybe dies) and things going from there.  Especially if her and Arturo don't make it. I think she might be his best chance for a decent pairing.There really isn't too many other people you could pair him with that are currently on canvas. They could also try someone new but they might struggle finding someone he clicks with. 

 

Also as far as recasting goes for Hilary, I think that might be something they do later on. If they don't do Devon/Abby, or they try him with new people and it doesn't work then I could see them recasting Hilary. I don't think they would recast her right away (though I could be wrong about that).

 

 

 

Exactly!

 

Everyone on this show has "limited range." The idea that BJ is "less talented" because of the systemic issues inherent in the genre is laughable.

 

Actors like Tamara Tunie & Tim Stickney couldn't make their characters work. Does that mean they possess "limited range" too?

 

Just admit you don't want to have sex with BJ and let it go.

Edited by DeeeDee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khan said:

 

Isn't it possible to do both?

 

Look, I'm not saying the lack of diversity in ALL facets of production isn't a major issue.  However, I'd rather there be NO non-Caucasian actors on this show than to have suffer through mediocre ones like BJ JUST so CBS, Sony and Y&R can feel good about themselves.  Has Y&R routinely given BJ (and MM, and KSJ, and Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams, and so, so many others) subpar material to work with?  Perhaps.  Regardless, though, I feel like the writers are also hamstrung by the fact that BJ is an actor with limited range and an inability to come across on-screen as anything other than a teenager.

 

Regardless of your feelings about him, he WAS there long before Mishael came. Why should he leave with her?! To think so is just, quite frankly, stupid and irrational! There, I said it. 

 

ETA: meanwhile, the white actors who also get crap stories or are mediocre are allowed to remain? Because their existence is a given while the POC are just their for diversity? 

 

56 minutes ago, GMac said:

 

Amen to this entire post and especially to the bold.  I still can't understand WTF they are thinking by letting her go.  It will leave a HUGE gaping hole in this show when she's gone.  There's no one there to fill her void, not even close.

 

 

I think the new Summer was designed to do that. She's a vixen now who they hope can fill the void. 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, Mishael Morgan gets stiffed by Sony and CBS and the conversation turns into...how Bryton James doesn't deserve to be on the show? How insanely obtuse! Just goes to show, people will use any avenue to push their agenda even if their going in the wrong direction for productivity. 

 

 

Edited by ajsp35801

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to be like the gaping hole Dru left. Hillary's plight was sort of like Dru's, or at least it seemed that way with Devon finally coming around. I don't recall if others had issues with Dru after Neil came around.

 

I am thinking about the podcast with MM and BJ and to me it painted CK in a bad light, even IF MM and CK did become friends later. I am wondering if CK didn't like it...and if that meant DG and KSJ didn't like it. Will Lily, Cane and Neil be responsible for Hillary's exit?

 

Maybe I'm wrong. I just can't stand Lily and Cane and I admit that. Bryton said he's Godfather to Lily's child and one of DG's. I hate how DG remains on the show and I hated how it was reported that CK wanted VR gone. I am biased. I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GMac said:

Y'all prolly know that I'm a HUGE Mishael stan.  This one hurts and will most likely be a deal breaker for me and Y&R.

 

Sony sucks.  How they can't see what a star they have in her is beyond me.  Fuckers.

 

 

I'm very pissed off by this news. I'm with ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Again, Mishael Morgan gets stiffed by Sony and CBS and the conversation turns into...how Bryton James doesn't deserve to be on the show? How insanely obtuse! Just goes to show, people will use any avenue to push their agenda even if their going in the wrong direction for productivity. 

 

Yeah, I don't get the reasoning at all. (*shrugs*)

 

I've yet to hear anyone explain to me how Y&R couldn't make Debbi Morgan work!  Anyone who can explain that to me, then the Bryton argument might have more merit. 

And don't try to tell me that Debbi friggin' Morgan was mediocre either!

 

Neither Chadwick Boseman nor Michael B. Jordan looked like Denzel when they were on AMC.  I can't judge the full capabilities of actors when the writing has been dishwater dull.

 

MM is talented and charismatic and was somehow able to rise above the the craptastic stories that she often had but one thing I can say was that writers did write different scenarios for her.  Her character was no the same vindicative hustler that she was when she first came on the canvas.  Yes, Hilary elevated and regressed, which was frustrating to watch but at least her character never stagnated the way that Devon and to a certain extent, Neil's character.

 

I do think that  it's going to end up being a micro version of the VR/KSJ situation except MM leaves having a lot of prospects in her future and Y&R in a weaker position ratings-wise than it was when VR left.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...