That is unfortunate that Mishael hasn't received a raise. She deserves one. I have always been curious about in how much money the different soap actors get and what perks they may also receive.

I recently saw an article on TMZ that mentioned they got a hold of the actress (Nia Sioux) who plays Emma on B&B's contact. They reported that she is getting $2,500 per episode. If she returns to the show next year her pay will be increased to $2,800 per episode. She also gets two weeks vacation.

That gives us an idea of at least what a minor character can get paid on a soap.(That article from Mishael's agent was also interesting and provided some insight into what can happen in negotiations.) I am interested in learning what other actors including vets get paid and how they go about trying to negotiate things. 

Edited by xtr

1 hour ago, cattykittens said:

Bryton being "valued" would be more than episode guarantee.   Sony has to define what "value" is and define it in concrete terms.. All the actors belong to a union and there are certain rules for compensation. Right?  Aren't the number of years with the soap figured into the calculation? Sony has to be fair in comparison to what they pay others, or they could be in big trouble. So they must have some sort of formula they follow just in case they are sued. 

Sony's formula would be a way to compare one against others.To me there are two big comparisons, her/his closest screen partner, who in this case would be a pairing, and would have something to do with Hevon having impact/popularity. In others it would be a rivalry like Kay/Jill. I suppose someone like Victor would stand alone since he's the show's lead. And the second would be actors that have been there about as long as she has, and that have work about the same amount of episodes. 

Sony's biggest problem may be if they give MiM a raise they have to do it for others.

Sony doesn't make these determinations alone. The show makes recommendations. 

We know that TPTB undervalue women, in general, compared to men.  Genie Francis is known for speaking out on how GH/NBC treated her versus TG. 

So in that respect, I get why you brought up that angle. But who here believes Bryton is highly paid in comparison to anyone else on that set? He's probably getting the union minimum.  Which brings up another question. Isn't Mishael supposed to get a raise based on the union? She's been on 5 years? 

VR mentioned both he and KSJ in her suit against Sony. She alleged that KSJ was the lowest paid vet on the show. 

28 minutes ago, xtr said:

That is unfortunate that Mishael hasn't received a raise. She deserves one. I have always been curious about in how much money the different soap actors get and what perks they may also receive.

I recently saw an article on TMZ that mentioned they got a hold of the actress (Nia Sioux) who plays Emma on B&B's contact. They reported that she is getting $2,500 per episode. If she returns to the show next year her pay will be increased to $2,800 per episode. She also gets two weeks vacation.

That gives us an idea of at least what a minor character can get paid on a soap.(That article from Mishael's agent was also interesting and provided some insight into what can happen in negotiations.) I am interested in learning what other actors including vets get paid and how they go about trying to negotiate things. 

I read that article from TMZ. That girl isn't unknown though. She's a popular reality TV personality. I wouldn't be shocked if she makes more than Mishael based off the differences in stations on initial signing. 

Edited by ajsp35801

Mishael Morgan is saying goodbye on Twitter.  I guess it's really over then? Or isn't it?

Screw Sony, those assholes. Can't the see that they don't have another actress than can pull off the diva role? JW is semi retired, GT/Phyllis is a good time girl. They aren't even making a sound business decisions. Why does Sony even want to own soaps in the first place?  No writer can save this show when the owners are making casting decisions like this.

It's Y&R's fault for devaluing its actresses.

In nearly every case the actresses would've chosen to stay but Y&R treated them like crap.

Edited by DeeeDee

Looks like it's a wrap for Mishael on Y&R.

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Mishael with her baby bump! :lol: So bittersweet to see this... Y&R really lost a lot of its sparkle this week.

59 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Bergman all up in there.

LOL I noticed that too. Popular by association! :rolleyes: 

Edited by Cat

15 minutes ago, Cat said:

Mishael with her baby bump! :lol: So bittersweet to see this... Y&R really lost a lot of its sparkle this week.

LOL I noticed that too. Popular by association! :rolleyes: 

Is she pregnant again?  That's her son next to her, yes?  I thought it looked like a bun in the oven but I didn't want to be offensive.

Edited by ChitHappens

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

:( 

52 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Is she pregnant again?  That's her son next to her, yes?  I thought it looked like a bun in the oven but I didn't want to be offensive.

I actually think that may be Christel Khalil's son.  Mishael's son was born in 2015 and looks like this-

On 6/21/2018 at 6:12 PM, xtr said:

That girl makes much more than your average newcomer because she's not unknown in entertainment. She's getting paid more for her name and fanbase. I heard the starting point is somewhere between 400 and 600 on average per episode.

9 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

NIce seeing Bergman there. The Hilary/Jack friendship was probably my favorite on the show.