Y&R actress out

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't joking.

I really like Hevon and wish that MM wasn't leaving but since she is MO & BJ would be a fine (if not better) alternative pairing for both actors. MO has good chemistry with Jason Canela but she has more potential and shared history with BJ & Devon.

And it's not like there are currently a wealth of options for either of them.

Abby is related to half the town and the only other two women in Devon's age range are more into each other than him.

• Members

I think this would be the next best option for Devon after Hilary leaves. (Depending on what happens with Abby and Arturo.) I think he will be given time to get over (possibly grieve) Hilary and then they could eventually try him and Abby.

• Members

WIth HIlary leaving soon... it's interesting, and sad, that at least five head-writing teams handled her character (Griffith/Altman, Altman/Pissant, Pratt Jr, Sussman, and Mal Young).  Which head-writing team do you think wrote Hilary the best? the worst?

• Members

Melissa Ordway is in no way equipped to be a lead even after being around what feels like a decade. She gets off a funny line occasionally but as a dramatic performer she has all the power and gravitas of a rowboat. The two of them together sounds like a backburner pairing.

• Members

I find Melissa Ordway, as beautiful as she is, such a blank presence. Almost like a fembot. I don't think her acting has improved in all her years on the show. To be fair, the 'snarky' dialogue she gets is cringeworthy, like a poor knockoff of a 2006 CW teen show. I blame JFP for everything for implementing this kind of performative, surface-only, dumbed-down dialogue writing. Even after Jill's departure, Y&R has been unable to shake this sub-Frons-ABC style of 'speaking' which also seems to infect Camryn Grimes' and Jason Thompson's material. Anyway, if actors like Mishael Morgan can rise above that kind of dialogue, I think Ordway should be able to, also. 

I cannot say this enough. MM was pretty much giving life to this whole show, and for Y&R/Sony/CBS to be unable to see that, to think they are merely losing a cog in the 'black storyline' wheel, is astounding to me. I am not a black viewer, but that doesn't mean that Hillary wasn't one of my faves, if not my fave, on the show. Anyone with eyes could see what a star she is on Y&R

However, if MM is leaving to pursue better opportunities -- and one need only look at Michael B Jordan's career to understand that foolish Daytime's loss is the entertainment world's gain -- I say good luck to her. I hope she gets some major breaks.

Archived