Y&R actress out

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. That's especially true for new characters.  This show has really struggled with casting in recent years.

As for Bryton, I feel the same way about him as I do Josh Morrow.  He's not my favorite, but there is something to be said for familiar faces on soaps. Are any of us really tuning in to soaps for the riveting story lines? I know I'm not.  I admit I haven't watched in nearly six weeks, but I will tune back in and when I do it will be to touch base with the characters/actors I've known for decades.

I wish that they would have given Hillary a baby because that's more reason to bring MM back down the line.  What I'd like to see now is Devon being hunted by a gold digger. Someone good, not just a throw away, with Abby having feeling for Devon from a distance.

• Members

As much as she might like working on Y&R,after 5 years MM probably knows this is the time for her to branch out from daytime.

If she stays another 3 years,chances of breaking out of the soap actress label are lessened.

Hope she lands some good roles.

• Members

I wonder how true these reports from daytimeconfidential and tvsource might be. (I think that daytimeconfidential has spoiled some true things in the past.) I am interested in seeing what SOD/SID might report about this.

If she's leaving, I wish her the best. I think that Hilary is definitely entertaining and I do believe there will be a void for her on the show especially regarding the Winters family. I could see her exit negatively impacting Devon and maybe even Neil (though I do wish that the show would give him his own storyline separate of Devon/Hilary and stop having him trying to interfere with them.) 

• Members

Good for her! Escape while you can!

Now is the time, she is young and beautiful and the entertainment industry is slowly but sure opening up to more opportunities for black actors. She could do more for her career by being in a single episode of a show on Netflix than the last five years of the trash heap that is this show.

• Members

Like I said previously, you have Shonda Rhimes who just signed a monster deal with Netflix, Mara and Salim Akil, Issa Rae on HBO and there are rumors of Blackish showrunner Kenya Barris pulling up stakes for Netflix as well.  I forgot to mention Oprah for OWN. And that's just TV.

Ava duVernay, Ryan Coogler, Barry Jenkins as @Faulkner just mentioned. 

Also you have actresses beside Issa Rae who are producing like Kerry Washington and Viola Davis who has been producing for a few years now.

Like I said before, if I'm Mishael's agent, I wouldn't even bother with daytime soaps at this point, go for primetime TV and films across all and any platforms (big screen, small screen, livestream, etc.)

• Members

This is really bad news for the show. The execs at Sony are idiots.

Mishael Morgan is a star. She lights up the screen and makes every scene better and everybody screen partner more interesting. Y&R is already shaky, and this makes the show worse. 

I hope the blowback at Sony is fierce so MM knows how much she was loved as Hilary. She’ll do well no matter where she lands, but I’m pissed about this.

• Members

I can't recall, but when the role of Hilary was cast, was it supposed to be short-term? Regardless, she came onto the canvas without any real connections and just made Hilary Curtis her own. She carved a niche and made such an impact. Just think of how many newbies come through that revolving door on a yearly basis...even the stunt castings. More often than not, they don't leave this kind of a mark.

What an absolute shame for the show. 

All the best to her. She's tremendously talented and will no doubt be snapped up quickly.

Archived