Y&R actress out

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Totally agree with @ajsp35801 and @titan1978. I honestly believe Mishael is one of the few actresses out there on Daytime where they just need to give her what she is asking. She is driving the show and playing arguably the most compelling character on the canvas. I'd put MM with MTS, ED and SC as Y&R untouchables.

• Members

I love MM - IMO - she is just a true star - everytime she's onscreen, I have to watch. Honestly, MM could do quite well in prime time or film. She's still young enough to have a shot. If she wants to move on, I'd totally get it. Selfishly, I hope she stays....

• Members

I liked Mishael since I saw her on Supernatural prior to Y&R. I wanted her to be on a soap and was glad they cast her. I've never liked the Hilary and Devon pairing though and felt she shined best when Hilary wasn't with Devon or Neil. Hope she doesn't jump on any of the other soaps and just goes to primetime

• Members

I understood why the show cut ties with MCE rather than deal. Chelsea was ho hum with everyone but Adam. No use for heroine Chelsea without him around despite them giving her a full blown  romance with every white leading man, even the one she raped. She'd ran through so much story in 5 years.  However, she could have carved out a new place for herself if the show was willing to write her as a vixen or pot stirer. But they refused. 

This thing with MiM just isn't the same at all. 

• Members

I agree, Hillary is one of the few younger characters on the show that's interesting. She's the perfect Jill type character that can stir things up.

I  also think Mal has tied her too tightly to Devon though. He should be one of her loves, not her only true love. Making her half of a forever couple limits her, although I do see how it helps Devon.  Hillary changing her behavior to get Devon's approval dulls her personality.

Like others I can see MM in primetime. Are we sure that's not what she may be leaving for? Soaps are dying, maybe she wants to audition for other parts like Billy Miller. Do we know it's a dispute over $$?

• Members

Agree with this.  They wasted the entire five years.  It's sad to say, but if she was white, she already have had an anchor baby with Devon. That they didn't give them one four, two years ago in a  WTD tells me that they were never invested in her or her character. 

• Members

And yet from the shows perspective, it's not. When they are invested, they use the same formula. That they didn't is telling. 

Y'all can dislike Devon and Hevon all you want but it doesn't change the facts that without that pairing she wouldn't even been renewed in 2016. And it doesn't change the fact that the show not giving them a tie had made it that much easier for Sony to dump Mishael.  *Shrug* 

Archived