Y&R actress out

• Members

That is unfortunate that Mishael hasn't received a raise. She deserves one. I have always been curious about in how much money the different soap actors get and what perks they may also receive.

I recently saw an article on TMZ that mentioned they got a hold of the actress (Nia Sioux) who plays Emma on B&B's contact. They reported that she is getting $2,500 per episode. If she returns to the show next year her pay will be increased to $2,800 per episode. She also gets two weeks vacation.

That gives us an idea of at least what a minor character can get paid on a soap.(That article from Mishael's agent was also interesting and provided some insight into what can happen in negotiations.) I am interested in learning what other actors including vets get paid and how they go about trying to negotiate things. 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sony doesn't make these determinations alone. The show makes recommendations. 

We know that TPTB undervalue women, in general, compared to men.  Genie Francis is known for speaking out on how GH/NBC treated her versus TG. 

So in that respect, I get why you brought up that angle. But who here believes Bryton is highly paid in comparison to anyone else on that set? He's probably getting the union minimum.  Which brings up another question. Isn't Mishael supposed to get a raise based on the union? She's been on 5 years? 

VR mentioned both he and KSJ in her suit against Sony. She alleged that KSJ was the lowest paid vet on the show. 

I read that article from TMZ. That girl isn't unknown though. She's a popular reality TV personality. I wouldn't be shocked if she makes more than Mishael based off the differences in stations on initial signing. 

• Members

Mishael Morgan is saying goodbye on Twitter.  I guess it's really over then? Or isn't it?

Screw Sony, those assholes. Can't the see that they don't have another actress than can pull off the diva role? JW is semi retired, GT/Phyllis is a good time girl. They aren't even making a sound business decisions. Why does Sony even want to own soaps in the first place?  No writer can save this show when the owners are making casting decisions like this.

• Members

Mishael with her baby bump! 

Please register in order to view this content

So bittersweet to see this... Y&R really lost a lot of its sparkle this week.

LOL I noticed that too. Popular by association!  

Archived