Y&R actress out

• Members

Is a fan favorite on the way out at CBS’ The Young and the Restless? TV Source Magazine is hearing rumblings through the halls of Television City, that on the cusp of her five year anniversary, fan favorite Mishael Morgan may be leaving the CBS sudser as Hilary Curtis.

According to sources, the reason behind her exit is a result of contract negotiations. This news couldn’t have come at a worse time for fans of Hilary and her popular romance with Devon (Bryton James). With Hilary reconnecting with Devon and the two expecting their first child, we are told the show is planning on snatching the rug from underneath their joy by way of a car crash. Will Hilary and her unborn baby meet their demise? And if they do, does anyone ever really stay dead on soaps?

Stay tuned to TV Source Magazine as more news becomes available.

Sony are idiots! 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sure why not, get rid of the one interesting character/actress in the After Bell Era. They have no idea what to do with her anyway, they think she only works with Devon. Meanwhile she could have been the show's next leading lady for years and years.

If B&B wasn't a sad joke I would have loved to see her as a shady woman from Maya's past. Perhaps the mother of Maya's original baby?

• Members

The fact that someone is paid to write stories about Jack not being John's son, JT beating up Victoria and the Newman women killing him and hiding his body, while Lily's children are the same age with her, Phyllis has been a cool girl in her early 40s for decades and Tessa is still around is enough to pay MM. 

• Members

There are so many avenues not explored with the Hilary character... this is a character a good soap opera writer craves creating and writing for.  It's a combination of an interesting character and a great performer to bring that character alive and to take that characters to heights even the writers couldn't have envisioned.  Bill Bell and Kay Alden would have loved writing for her in the heyday.

• Members

Devon hasn't failed, though. I don't know why Mishael's leaving sparks degrading him. Especially since she's told us time and time again that the ONLY reason she is still on is cause of him and Hevon's popularity. 

• Members

if they gave her more to do and she did more with what they gave her I would be angry, but as it is they give her fluff storylines and she literally exists to be a foil for the Winter's clan, so whatever. The show never really gave her a chance, and she never really tried beyond the material they gave her. I can't be bothered to care, tbh.

• Members

Devon was successful when he initially came onto the GC canvas as a foster kid and was taken under Drucilla's wing.

Bryton and VR had easier natural chemistry than Bryton and KSJ.  Bryton and KSJ had to build some type of chemistry in the gaping absence of Drucilla.

If MM leaves Y&R, I don't see her bothering with daytime at all.  With her looks and charisma, I see her going to primetime.  She has benefited from being on long enough to hone her talent and build a following but not so long that she is rooted in daytime.

If I were her agent, I'd advise away from more daytime and audition for the Kenya Barris, Shonda Rhimes,  Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil vehicle or even in film for Ava duVernay, Spike Lee or Ryan Coogler vehicle.

Even a guest spot on a show like Issa Rae's Insecure would be a great way for her to branch out.

Daytime, no doubt, has a certain stability but honestly, there would be a lot out there for her.  It would Y&R's loss.

Archived