• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I read a spoiler posted from SOD that said that Claire/Tripp almost sleep together but that he stops it, and then Ciara walks in on them. Even so, IMO they still look bad that they let things go as far as they did. On Friday's, episode, Claire told Tripp that Theo dumped her and that she deserved to be alone. She also said she was a horrible person including a horrible niece, then still proceeded to kiss Tripp at the end of the episode. I think that things escalate from there, they almost sleep together, Tripp stops it and then Ciara walks in on them. I also read spoilers that mention that Ciara will get in an accident and Ben takes her to a cabin. In the promo it does look like she gets into a motorcycle accident before Ben finds her.

I would rather they not have brought Ben back and definitely not long term. I don't want him to stay around and get to live free after all the people he killed/tried to kill. I am also tired of storylines that try and "redeem" Serial Killers and keep them around living free in a community they have terrorized.  I also don't want him bothering his living victims like (Will/Abby) and trying to make amends with them. There is a spoiler that mentions that he will show up on Will's doorstep and try and make amends with him. It looks like he goes looking for Abby as well and that might be why Chad is grabbing him in the promo.  I also think that they are going to possibly try and put him and Ciara together. I don't want to see that happen either.

I would rather they had kept  Wyatt around.  Even though I don't like what they are doing with Tripp/Claire, they could have done a similar storyline but involved Wyatt in the storyline instead of Ben. Maybe after Ciara had walked in on Tripp/Claire, she could have stormed off and been found by Wyatt after she got in her accident. That would have been even better if they never had Wyatt be the one who helped Claire, and instead had helped him be the one who helped Ciara/Tripp bust Claire.

Even in that storyline, Ciara still could have initially chosen Tripp (but been grateful/stayed friends with Wyatt). And then she could have pushed Tripp away, (Due to being afraid of getting too close to him because she's having a hard time of doing that due to being raped), Clarie/Tripp mess up and Wyatt could have been the one who stepped in and helped her instead of a serial killer.

• Members

Agreed with all of this.

Not sure why they didn't go with Wyatt. It would have made more sense, he was just brought back in April for a few episodes and it would have been the natural way to go. Maybe that was the plan and they swapped Wyatt for Ben?

Thanks for the explanation of Friday's episode. I haven't watched Wed-Fri yet ... lol. I was watching daily again but there's just nothing that makes me desperately want to tune in every day. Sigh.

• Members

y'all seem really boring. All of your storyline ideas are not any better than what DAYS is doing, but more held back/confined by social norms. Prison/psychiatric facilities are supposed to rehabilitate people, and if Ben's rehabilitated... why shouldn't he be allowed to get on with his life? We can side-eye Ben but then just hand-wave everything Abigail did. And again: why are peeps judging Claire for sleeping w/ Tripp? WTF? Cierror came to town and started fight after fight w/ Claire, and then everyone was freaking mad at Claire when she broke up Hope/Rafe's wedding with the cold, hard truth.

i think peeps need to calm down and get off their high horses, a bit. This is reminding me of the nonsense of GH where everything wrong Carly/sonny have ever done is "in the past" but peeps won't give it a rest when going on about whatever "wrongs" Eva/Nell have done. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm not sure if that originally was the plan and/or if  Ron just really likes Robert and wanted to bring Ben back. I would prefer Ben stay gone and they had kept Wyatt. And I definitely don't want him in a possible triangle with Ciara/Tripp. I also don't like what will happen with Ciare/Tripp. IMO, they don't have any chemistry and I don't think that Ciara/Tripp/Claire is a viable triangle. I think that Claire drags Tripp and Ciara down. I think one of the problems with her is because Theo isn't around, they keep forcing her in Ciara and Tripp's storyline and she really doesn't fit in it.

• Members

Convict rehabilitation is one thing. But a serial killer?

I understand the impulse to put Rob Wilson back on contract - he is raw but IMO talented in this edgier role. If Ben's killings could legitimately be blamed on someone else entirely (like the usual DiMera hustle, as it was done with Marlena in 2004) I'd be for it. But if they simply say Ben the serial killer is to be redeemed a la Franco on GH, that is not workable. And if Ron does what he did with Franco - try to sanctify him and focus on him being a remorseful sad sack while other characters are vilified for having valid issues with the murderer, then it'll really tank. Of course, DAYS fans are used to much worse slop, so who knows.

If it was me, I'd say Ben was used by Dr. Rolf or whoever as a dupe/stalking horse for some other secret project and was made to hallucinate his murders, like Marlena as the Salem Stalker or whatever. Same playbook. But you'd still have to keep Ben volatile and a difficult, edgy character. Wilson is not good at playing just a simple nice guy. The reason his Pete Cortlandt on AMC 2.0 worked so well for me is because - though Pete was never as dark as Ben on DOOL - he definitely had both a cockiness and an edge and arrogance, like his father Palmer, that offset the character's conventional romantic lead role.

• Members

it's to the point where Ben being a "serial killer" is like whatever. Like, why should I care? Really? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

personally feel like soaps are a horrible trashbox of gross peeps judging each other on sins and transgressions, completely disassociating from their own sins/transgressions. This is why soaps are flopping, imo. The lack of personal insight. The way Brady treated Theresa, and everyone else is acting wrt how she "left" Chole is absolutely disgusting. The complete lack of sympathy of the bad, no-win situation she was in makes me dislike everyone - except Theresa. LOL What a fail. 

Archived