• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RSW playing all those scenes with the same duhface is hilarious. 

I need my eyes checked or I don't know anyone on the show now - it took me a few minutes to realize that wasn't Will in bed with her. 

• Members

also, give me a break, Cierror. Next time, choose a guy that wasn't previously obsessed w/ the girl you've had a hate on since you came back. Moron. 

Please register in order to view this content

Ben is an extremely problematic character. There's no way you can redeem someone who killed 4 people. Poor Ciara first she's stuck with Tripp & Claire.  Now she'll be stuck with Ben. I guess Days doesn't have money for a bedroom set. Not the smartest thing to go at it in the living room. Where your roomate can just walk in. 

• Members

Yep. Robert Scott Wilson is on contract and still filming currently so Ron said he's reforming Ben, I believe. Which is a shame. He failed before he turned psycho. Carl is spot on about the duhface. Ben needs to be a villain.

I'm not really sold on Ben/Ciara. I'll have to see how it's written. It can work for me if it goes a certain way. If not I'm not here for it, TBH.

I haven't missed Claire. I groaned and rolled my eyes seeing her. I gave her a pass her first few years but I'm over it. They write her like crap and the actress doesn't really do much to elevate the character beyond being shrill and annoying. Who would want to be around her? I wish they had just written her out. Tripp and Claire are as dullsvilles as Ciara and Tripp were. We need some spark here. Ben isn't the answer, especially if they reform him.

I'm tired of bad guys being reformed and accepted as part of the community by those they attacked or even killed. I know some DAYS fans think RSW is God's Gift to the soap world but they'll be bitching up a storm when Ben is reformed. Be careful what you ask for ...

RSW improved as a psycho but he's not the amazing actor people make him out to be. But yes, the man is gorgeous and I make no apologies that I can stare at him all day every day. But it doesn't mean I want a reformed boring Ben on my hands for the next year as they try too hard to make him fit (although I'm making some assumptions, I have no idea how this will go, I'm just basing on how most soaps handle this thing, no matter who is writing, it's often forced and never works)

Yep. Reeks to me of a last minute switch. Ron's storyline ADD at it's finest. "Oooh, Ben is SHINY let's insert him". There's no build up. Things still just happen. It's messy. But it's not just a Ron problem though (other writers I felt the same) his storytelling is also a problem.

Claire/Tripp makes no sense either. They stopped sniffing around each other a while ago. Not that I know the details of how they end up in bed but she must be crushed being dumped by Theo for being a selfish twat. Tripp must be horny for Ciara so when things go sour there he pounces (well, actually, it's probably mutual or Claire pounces). It's all so lazy. No thanks. I want to care and be interested in Tripp and Ciara but it's very hard. Are they the rooting couple? Is Ben going to ultimately keep them apart? Why should I care? .... lol

lol. I don't think it'll look too bad on-screen actually. RSW has a babyface.

I think they could do worse with RSW than pairing him with Konefal/Ciara. I can see why Ron thought of it. I'm just nervous about the execution. I can be for it if it goes a certain way. We'll see. I'm not holding out hope for a well written story here at all.

And Hope is definitely all over the Ben thing. She gets pissy with Marlena over it.

The problem I will have is if Will and Abby just happily accept him and even become his friend and prop him. No thanks. It's OK to have some characters still hate Ben no matter how reformed he may seem. And the writing needs to not make it seem like Ben is the victim and Will and Abby are irrational hating him. I despise that kind of writing so much. It's like how Julie is supposed to look like an irrational shrew for being mad that Gabi killed Nick. NO. Julie has EVERY right to hate Gabi. But the writing is slanted. I'm tired of soap writers thinking they need to tell us how to feel or think.

Archived