GH: June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I have stanned her since I was 10.  It's habit.  I still love her.  I just ignore all the bad like a delusional fan.  She was kinda funny in 2013 when she fake seduced Michael and Carly lost her mind.

here is the link.  There is the bonus of shirtless 1996 Ingo in there and the hilarity of little Brenda breaking up the fight lol.

At like the 2:20 mark

I think VM saw GH was a steaming hot trash pile and just decided she wasn't going to play it-and she left anyway, so why not make her?  It was a little too messy to make Brenda the mother of Sonny's grandkid, especially since anyone who returned to see her (all 200 of us) probably were S&B fans.  I suspect it would have cause ratings to dip.  Probably more risk than reward.  I think me and Bob Guza were the only two people on earth that thought VM and DZ had chemistry.  It was dumb to whine about a secret and then make it a big nothing and saddle Brenda with a kid that belong to a random.  The drama would have been it being Jax's baby.  That's such an obvious storyline I can't believe it didn't happen. This would have effected people so much more!  I am not sure Brenda as a character was ruined as much as VM played her so oddly.  In 2002 she was a hot mess too, but VM still played her with some spark and charisma.  She was okay in 2013 too like she at least had a pulse, but I think she now plays off LW, IR, KMc, etc better than MB although she is miles better with MB than any love interest Sonny has had since Sarah Brown's Carly.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also think it would've been a mistake to go there with her having Sonny's grandchild. That said, an affair with Dante when she didn't know he was Sonny's son - sure.

Alec should have been and should still be Jax's.

• Members

I have zero problems with Brenda having an affair with Dante in the past.  How would that be her fault?  She said more than once Dante reminded her of Sonny, it makes sense.  That's why I don't get VM wouldn't play the Dante/Brenda thing.  The baby?  Okay.  An affair who cares?  Her next return she made it seem like she had sex with Michael and gave zero effs who knew (and the writers left it ambiguous IMO if it happened or not)

This was literally a plot twist that wrote itself.  J&B having a child.  Carly and Sonny having to deal with that.  Perhaps Brenda's child being a match for Joss when she needed a kidney.  Brenda deliberately hiding Jax's child instead of the Balkan just telling her it was dead.  It would have been great material!   I would completely accept this retcon right now and make Alec Jax's.

I really enjoyed S&B's wedding as a stand alone couple of episodes, but seriously there was no need to marry them to divorce them in 5 months over essentially nothing-her lying about the baby being Jaxs would have made a hell of a lot more sense than the way they broke CarJax and S&B at the time.

Plus, it could have given us another teen on the canvas now besides boring Joss and Oscar. 

• Members

I can understand the time being given to voicing their concerns because it is something many gay families go through when adopting.  The fear of the mother changing her mind, the fear of not being seen as a “normal” family and therefore lacking in some legal protections.  The problem I have is that they are not on enough, so any story with them is pointless.

• Members

So weird to watch that clip and remember when I loved all three characters, and still found Sonny and Jax attractive!  

Was Jax living in the Port Charles hotel then? The one the Quartermaine’s owned? I miss that version of the hotel.

I hate that Carly clawed her way to hotel owner and all that money.  She lost everything that mattered to her as a character by being made the lady of the town.  She needs something to strive for, that hunger.  Without it but with her personality she is just so without rooting value.

I am also pumped by the possibility of that story for JL.  But in order for it to truly have meaning we need Laura, his wife on the screen too, and Felicia and Mac need to be a part of it.  Ryan had a thing for blondes as I recall.  He was just so creepy.  The original Ryan story is one of my favorites, and he had an amazing run of stories over a couple of years.

• Members

Yes. I've felt this way for years.  Better writers could have come up with something other than money for her to strive for. It's just that none of them ever bothered to try. She should still be harboring feelings for Jason at the very least.

• Members

I started from a week ago.  No way would Jason be playing pool and just chit chatting when Carly has been locked up.  One thing I will give Guza is he never lost the devotion they shared for each other.  As awful as he was for the show, the motivations were consistent for the characters he did want to write for.

And if you are going to do an exploitation  story about a man kidnapped and tied up, then get a clue from Bill Bell and Reilly and Langan.  Some of those clothes need to be  off, and the taunting should be way more fun.  Because I see a story severely lacking in camp, with actors that could be having more fun with it.  Instead they are trying to play it straight and it’s falling apart.

Also, Michael telling Carly’s daughter what happened to her instead of Jason or Sonny is ridiculous.

One mention of Ryan and I got lured back in.  Still the same mess I stopped watching about a month after Genie was fired.  Too many characters that do not matter being given stories I don’t care about.

I’m not one to wish for an actress of her age to lose a job, but Stanford does not belong on this show as her character is written.  You have one of the all time great soap psychos on your canvas.  Use her for her talents or get her off my screen.

• Members

I skipped to Monday on Hulu.  It was a better episode, but Anna and Felicia made it better.

I like Carly in the institution.  But I want it to be more fun.  This show doesn’t have the scripts or the production to play this stuff straight, so they might as well have some fun with it.

• Members

I think Margaux is another in a long line of characters with some ill conceived revenge plot. Probably connected to Croton and the body.....   Blah blah blah.....She'll soon be on every day like the rest of the ValenVarni creations...........

Please register in order to view this content

EH could have been one of Elizabeth's sisters, but instead she's another newbie.....

Archived