Sign in to follow this  
xtr

Y&R: June Spoilers

2 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'm seeing strange parallels to Jill's paternity story, complete with safety deposit box/key. Geez Mal, this is so reductive!

Along that Jill repeat theme....wouldn't put it past Mal to make Katherine Aunt Jack's bio mom and John his bio dad. Still an Abbott, but now a Chancellor - can strip Devon of his legacy - something that will please several haters. We do know that John/Dina/Kay were friends during that period.

The whole story is a utter mess. At this point, why wouldn't all four Abbott children get DNA tested against each other and Dina/Jill? Everyone knows. 

3 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

I really don't care for the actress who plays Mattie. She comes across very vapid and Mattie as she's written now grates.

Which makes her perfect as Lily's daughter. 

5 hours ago, Khan said:

Yeah, but how much of a wallop will this story pack if Phillip Chancellor is still dead?  So he might be Jack's bio dad -- so what?  We don't have even Kay to deal with the ramifications of the news!  At least when Victor was reunited with HIS father, the s.o.b. was still alive.

I'm still hoping that Dina has been mistaken all along about her son's paternity.

Because it's Jack Abbot and he wouldn't be Jack Abbot if he didn't come for his piece of Katherine's Estate. Expect Jill to come back to lose CI soon despite her having it because it was bought for her bot because she inherited it. But that won't matter. 

Edited by ajsp35801

Here is the new promo for next week:

According to spoilers from Monday's episode (from soaps.com), the picture that Jack is looking at is picture from the 1950's of Dina with Phillip Chancellor and some other people. It is supposed to be 9 months before Jack was born. This could be a clue that Phillip is his father or maybe it's a red herring and Phillip just knew who his father was.

Maybe his father is one of the other people in the picture. I also think it's interesting that Neil does indeed state that Jack will be going for a stake of Chancellor.

And it looks like the "temptation" that Billy falls into actually deals with his gambling problem. Maybe he gambles something big away and Summer promises not to tell anyone about it. I could see her holding this secret over his head and using that to try and treat him however she want. And/or tries to use that to get what she wants from him.

Edited by xtr

9 hours ago, xtr said:

There is another spoiler that says that Jack will take a key that he finds in Dina's belonging and open a safety deposit box. That box will have a photo in it and after Jack looks at it he will tell Kyle he believes Phillip was his father. Maybe the photo is of Phillip or Phillip and Dina together. I do think that Phillip possibly being Jack's father might be a better option than some random man.

Also, Jill is returning to town this summer. According to SOD she will be back starting July 13th. I could see her playing a role in Jack's storyline if he gets more clues that Phillip could really be his father.

I'll bet Jill's return is only for a day or too. Mal hasn't written anything for Jill yet. The last story she was included in was done by Sally. Plus Billy will be gambling again soon so she could be back for that too.

The previews online today make it appear that Cane will be leading this story.  Cane vs Jack, referring to Cane as "Chancellors". ???? How can you write a story about Phillip Chancellor heirs without including Jill? Phillip was the love of Jill's life, he married her on his deathbed, and up until now gave birth to his only son/heir. Do they realize Phillip III is still alive & would be entitled to the same rights Jack has? Do they realize Jill is the only character left on the show that had any interaction with Phillip Chancellor? Dina & John interactions are just backstory, they didn't happen on screen. Jill is the owner of Chancellor Industries, Cane just works for her, how can she not be written into every second of this story?

A story like this should be set in the Chancellor mansion with Jill & Esther. A story about Phillip Chancellor heirs should be very Chancellor-y, otherwise why do it?

8 hours ago, Khan said:

Yeah, but how much of a wallop will this story pack if Phillip Chancellor is still dead?  So he might be Jack's bio dad -- so what?  We don't have even Kay to deal with the ramifications of the news!  At least when Victor was reunited with HIS father, the s.o.b. was still alive.

I'm still hoping that Dina has been mistaken all along about her son's paternity.

Kay wouldn't have the ramifications Jill would have. Kay didn't have any Chancellor heirs.  If Phillip II is Jack's dad he was probably single (NOT cheating on Kay) when he got Dina pregnant since Kay would've been married to Gary Reynolds at the time. Phillip & Kay were only married 12 years, so it's impossible Jack was conceived while they were married.

9 minutes ago, xtr said:

Maybe his father is one of the other people in the picture. I also think it's interesting that Neil does indeed state that Jack will be going for a stake of Chancellor.

I wonder what Jack going for "a stake" in Chancellor means. Unlike Fenmores that was left to the offspring of Neil Fenmore so Jill could claim her share, Kay left Chancellor Industries to Victor. Jill had to buy it from him. Jill wouldn't owe Jack anything because he has Chancellor blood.

If Jack wants anything "Chancellor" he would need to claim it from Kay's will. Kay received control of Phillip's share of the assets after she had her lawyer's nullify his divorce from her.

Phillip II faked his death in order to live his truth in Europe. The character returns to Genoa City after all these years with a new name; Geraldine Phillips and the part is now played by Diahann Carroll. Geraldine proposes to Dina and Jack is delighted. Meanwhile Jill is on a cruise with Colin. #TheMal&TheRestless

6 hours ago, Elsa said:

Phillip II faked his death in order to live his truth in Europe. The character returns to Genoa City after all these years with a new name; Geraldine Phillips and the part is now played by Diahann Carroll. Geraldine proposes to Dina and Jack is delighted. Meanwhile Jill is on a cruise with Colin. #TheMal&TheRestless

God this takes be back on a flashback trip to all the old "Y&R Potpourri" side threads in 2009 and 2010 we would have trashing MAB/Sheffer/Hamner/Rauch's era of Y&R

On 6/15/2018 at 5:33 PM, ajsp35801 said:

Which makes her perfect as Lily's daughter. 

Not really. They keep telling us Mattie is supposed to be one of the smartest in her class. Also she comes across as Lily's younger sister and neither one of the actresses can act so it's just painful.

21 hours ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Not really. They keep telling us Mattie is supposed to be one of the smartest in her class. Also she comes across as Lily's younger sister and neither one of the actresses can act so it's just painful.

Yeah. I'm not buying it.

If Mattie is one of the smartest in her class, then she must go to James Buchanan High with the Sweathogs.

On 6/16/2018 at 5:47 PM, frequentsoapfan said:

Being vapid doesn't mean she's not book smart though, which is all she's said to be. Matter of fact they've made a point of telling us she's a bore and unpopular with her peers. 

Agree about coming across as Lily's sister. 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, ajsp35801 said:

Being vapid doesn't mean she's not book smart though, which is all she's said to be. Matter of fact they've made a point of telling us she's a bore and unpopular with her peers. 

Agree about coming across as Lily's sister. 

How can one be book smart and vapid at the same time? And them telling us she's a bore does not make her seem smarter.