Y&R: June Spoilers

• Members

I loved Shari during her first AMC run as Mimi, but oof she was bad when she came back to scold Danielle during the 2000s. But so much was off about AMC during that time.

Just remembered she was on The Haves and the Have Nots. And she did rise above the terrible writing there, which she would have to do if she were ever cast on Y&R. It would help to not play a histrionic character.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh definitely. I grew up watching TT because my mom watched ATWT. She was great and not at all over the top. I was happy they put her in the forefront in her latter years of the show, even though they sort of turned her into the Alexis Davis of Oakdale.

• Members

Yet, TT got sick of the mediocre storylines and eventually left to be a full-time cast member at L&O.  She definitely made the right choice.  I was surprised she stayed in as long as she did, TBH.

I mean, I don't trust Mal, or Sony to write any potential Black female character well, but it was just me musing on what I'd do.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

He’s not exactly doing a bang-up job on the white characters either lol, but he did reserve some of his worst garbage for Hilary, yes.

The great thing is that Tamara, Tonya Pinkins, and Debbi Morgan had built such connections in the film, TV, and theater worlds that they didn’t have to rely on soaps for that steady paycheck as they aged. It’s going to be tougher for some of the black actresses on soaps right now who haven’t diversified their careers as much.

• Members

The only ones I can think of on contract (minus Mishael) are Karla Mosley, Christel Khalil, Lexie Stevenson (is she contract?), Vanessa Williams, Sal Stowers, Reign Edwards, Vinessa Antoine, and the actress playing the new intern on B&B. Most of them are rarely seen.

CK looks to be marrying well, so she may not have career concerns, but I don’t think resting on her soap laurels like Josh Morrow and Amelia Heinle will be as lucrative.

• Members

getting real tired of these soaps villainizing mental illness. This perpetuated stigma in mainstream media is why people 1) don't get help 2) end up doing horrible things lie commit suicide. That judge honestly should not have given Victor temporary custody of the baby, considering all his sins - if Sharon's mental illness history was the deciding factor that's a pretty disgusting message to send to viewers. smh

• Members

Here are some more spoilers (reworded) from soaps.com, SOD and also spoilers posted at Daytimeroyalty.

Hilary and Devon are going to announce to on father's day that  they are back together.Neil, Cane and Lily are going to actually say they believe that is a good thing. After Hilary tells Shauna that her and Devon now have a commitment with each other, she will also advise Shauna not to get pregnant before marriage. Shauna is going to reassure her she won't.

Later,  Lily is going to catch Shauna and Charlie making out and tells Shauna she will be keeping her eyes on them.

Nick is going to fight back and ask Sharon to marry him. Victoria and Ashley are going to team up. Victor is going to make a surprising announcement.Billy is going to be making a bold move. Summer and Kyle are going to call a truce with each other.

And Jack is going to tell Kyle that Phillip Chancellor could be his father. 

• Members

I do think that Jack thinking Phillip Chancellor could be his father is interesting. I wonder what information that Jack will find out in his search that will lead him to believe this. Kyle will also agree to help him find out who his father is.

Here are some more spoilers (reworded) from SOD:

Victoria is going to be interrogated by Britney about JT. Victoria is also going to open up an email on her computer with a computerized voice that says that someone knows what is going on and will blow everything apart. She is also going to receive delivered boxes of confidential information regarding Newman and will wonder if JT is somehow behind it.

Also, Cane is going to receive a shocking request, Abby is going to once again put the breaks on with Arturo, Billy is going to give into temptation and him and Summer will share a secret. Phyllis will also end up taking matters into her own hands.

I wonder if Ravi is somehow behind the email, delivered boxes and also may have even been the one who put the clips of Dina's confession in Charlie's video. (Kyle and Victor still deny that they did that.) Granted JT could be behind the email and delivered boxes, but for now it seems like he is still "dead" and I haven't heard anything about Thad returning anytime soon. Maybe they will end up scapegoating Ravi for these things.

And I think that Billy/Summer might end up kissing and keeping it from Phyllis. I don't think they sleep together (at least not yet).

• Members

There is another spoiler that says that Jack will take a key that he finds in Dina's belonging and open a safety deposit box. That box will have a photo in it and after Jack looks at it he will tell Kyle he believes Phillip was his father. Maybe the photo is of Phillip or Phillip and Dina together. I do think that Phillip possibly being Jack's father might be a better option than some random man.

Also, Jill is returning to town this summer. According to SOD she will be back starting July 13th. I could see her playing a role in Jack's storyline if he gets more clues that Phillip could really be his father.

• Members

Yeah, but how much of a wallop will this story pack if Phillip Chancellor is still dead?  So he might be Jack's bio dad -- so what?  We don't have even Kay to deal with the ramifications of the news!  At least when Victor was reunited with HIS father, the s.o.b. was still alive.

I'm still hoping that Dina has been mistaken all along about her son's paternity.

Archived