Days: June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've just gotta say this, having caught up.

I'm just not a fan of these rapidfire mini-arcs Ron's doing. There's no build. There's about two weeks of drama, and anything longer than that runs between sweeps periods, skips about 10 beats, and then is concluded with the characters vanishing for weeks to months at a time. I know that's down to guarantees, but I really really miss the long-form stories. The payoffs were stronger from the time taken to build them.

This Theresa revelation took all of...what...10 episodes? That's the kind of story that would've taken 3 or more months to conclude in years past. I was enjoying Theresa being exposed, but it was SO damn fast, it's like there's hardly any middle to the story, just the beginning and the end.

• Members

I love how Ben, a serial killer, is going to get out of the sanitarium faster than Gabi is going to get out of prison. I don't want Ben to be redeemed. Ben used to be a good guy and he was so boring (though maybe it will be different now that he's a good guy with a villainous past, but I doubt it). RSW was never interesting on the show until they made him a villain.

Claire

Please register in order to view this content

This character is absolutely terrible, and the actress is pretty bad which makes it a lot worse. She makes the goofiest facial expressions in an attempt to convey emotions. There is nothing to the character besides being selfish and over dramatic.

The show finally found a way to get me to root for Brady/Eve - putting him back in whiny Theresa's orbit did the trick.

• Members

On Friday's episode I was glad to see Brady show that he cared about Chloe's well-being and hug  her once he saw her. I was also glad he acted like he cared about John/Paul and was upset when he found out their lives had been in danger. I would like to see him interact more with his family (outside of Victor) and Chloe more.

Archived