Taoboi

Y&R June 2018 Discussion Thread

I liked original recipe Mariah.. she was snarky and called a spade a spade... but the second she started interacting with Kevin, she gradually morphed into a Cassie clone.  If the show had done anything over the years to show she was trying to become like Cassie as a way to help Sharon... I could possibly buy it, but alas.. the show doesn't seem to know how to write for a character that isn't obsessed over a man nor has baby rabies.

6 minutes ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Why is Shauna all up in Hilary and Devon's relationship? It's strange and not teen behavior at all.

I think that she really likes them plus in today's episode wants to take advantage of having the house to herself. She texted Charlie, probably so he can come up over and they can make out.

I think we may be headed for a storyline with her and Charlie where their relationship may end up moving too fast. A few episodes ago Charlie looked uncomfortable after they were making out a lot. He stopped the kissing. I think she's going to push the relationship to move faster than he wants, maybe even try and get him to sleep with her before he's ready.

18 minutes ago, xtr said:

I think that she really likes them plus in today's episode wants to take advantage of having the house to herself. She texted Charlie, probably so he can come up over and they can make out.

I think we may be headed for a storyline with her and Charlie where their relationship may end up moving too fast. A few episodes ago Charlie looked uncomfortable after they were making out a lot. He stopped the kissing. I think she's going to push the relationship to move faster than he wants, maybe even try and get him to sleep with her before he's ready.

Wasn’t there speculation that

Charlie would get Shauna pregnant, setting up a baby switch or faked pregnancy from Hilary? Of course, now Mishael’s leaving, which may throw a wrench in that plan if they choose not to recast.

26 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Wasn’t there speculation that

Hide contents

Charlie would get Shauna pregnant, setting up a baby switch or faked pregnancy from Hilary? Of course, now Mishael’s leaving, which may throw a wrench in that plan if they choose not to recast.

Spoiler

I did see some speculation regarding that. I'm not sure what is going to happen, especially now that Mishael is leaving. I did see a spoiler for tomorrow' episode that says that Shauna will bring up the subject of sex with Charlie and it will make him uncomfortable. I could see them possibly doing a teen pregnancy storyline with Charlie/Shauna though I wish they wouldn't. I think that Charlie is an interesting character and can drive story but that wouldn't be a good storyline for him.

I would rather just see him and Shauna have a nice teen romance without a pregnancy. I would be fine with that and them helping Devon deal with the aftermath of Hilary leaving and maybe deal with Lily/Shauna's family if they ever appear. In a couple of/few years the show could even think about having them marry young like Lily did with Daniel. But even then I don't think they would be ready for a pregnancy. IMO, they would still be too young and not ready for that type of storyline.

Edited by xtr

5 minutes ago, xtr said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I agree. I hate the baby rabies that infects so many characters on soaps. I don’t need soaps to revolve around a fetus, but for whatever reasons, writers have determined that those stories work e.g. Who’s the Daddy?, the baby switch, etc. It’s just an easy shot of adrenaline right into the Nielsens.

12 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Hide contents

I agree. I hate the baby rabies that infects so many characters on soaps. I don’t need soaps to revolve around a fetus, but for whatever reasons, writers have determined that those stories work e.g. Who’s the Daddy?, the baby switch, etc. It’s just an easy shot of adrenaline right into the Nielsens.

Spoiler

A lot of times I don't mind baby storylines, if they make sense and fits the characters. Though, there are some I don't like including middle/age older characters being involved in multiple WTD storylines. I'm also not a fan of teen pregnancy storylines and I think this one would be damaging to Charlie. I think it wouldn't fit his character and would have a negative impact on him. I think he deserves a better storyline than that. I think he's a good young character and he's believable as a relative of Neil/Dru. (Moreso than Lily/Mattie, IMO).

Edited by xtr

1 hour ago, frequentsoapfan said:

Why is Shauna all up in Hilary and Devon's relationship? It's strange and not teen behavior at all.

Also think it's cringe worthy. Hilary can't breathe without her. And I wasn't interested in Devon and Hilary's reunion told through Shauna's POV. I'm assuming the show is attempting to present a strong bond between Devon/Hilary and Shauna without actually giving them the depth. Their interactions are all so surface. Especially Devon's relationship with both females. Hilary and Shauna's relationship with each other is a tad better. But still very shallow. Considering that Devon was Shauna at one point, why isn't he written to discuss that with her or even Hilary? Relate to her situation. Instead we just get both fawning over Hilary while she rages. Tbh, writers aren't even trying. 

As @Faulkner and @xtr says 

I can see the baby switch coming from 7 months away. I'm sure the plan was for Hevon to think their baby died while Charlie and Shauna's lived. When in reality, hevon's baby will be the one living. Hilary was probably gonna go crazy, stalk, and steal the kid only for all to find out it's hers after all. Cue the infighting of the Winters/Hamiltons. More lily vs Hilary. More Devon being the calming force as he swallows without complaint Hilary's abuse. More Neil pretending like he didn't stalk and kidnap Hilary as he judges her.

9 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Also think it's cringe worthy. Hilary can't breathe without her. And I wasn't interested in Devon and Hilary's reunion told through Shauna's POV. I'm assuming the show is attempting to present a strong bond between Devon/Hilary and Shauna without actually giving them the depth. Their interactions are all so surface. Especially Devon's relationship with both females. Hilary and Shauna's relationship with each other is a tad better. But still very shallow. Considering that Devon was Shauna at one point, why isn't he written to discuss that with her or even Hilary? Relate to her situation. Instead we just get both fawning over Hilary while she rages. Tbh, writers aren't even trying. 

As @Faulkner and @xtr says 

Hide contents

I can see the baby switch coming from 7 months away. I'm sure the plan was for Hevon to think their baby died while Charlie and Shauna's lived. When in reality, hevon's baby will be the one living. Hilary was probably gonna go crazy, stalk, and steal the kid only for all to find out it's hers after all. Cue the infighting of the Winters/Hamiltons. More lily vs Hilary. More Devon being the calming force as he swallows without complaint Hilary's abuse. More Neil pretending like he didn't stalk and kidnap Hilary as he judges her.

Spoiler

I wonder with Mishael leaving if we may get a situation where Hilary and Hilary's/Devon's baby dies. And maybe a grieving Devon offers to raise Charlie's/Shauna's baby if she gets pregnant. He could offer to adopt their baby. And/or the Winters/Ashby's along with even Charlie/Shauna all have a hand in raising the baby.

Edited by xtr

14 minutes ago, xtr said:
  Hide contents

I wonder with Mishael leaving if we may get a situation where Hilary and Hilary's/Devon's baby dies. And maybe a grieving Devon offers to raise Charlie's/Shauna's baby if she gets pregnant. He could offer to adopt their baby. And/or the Winters/Ashby's along with even Charlie/Shauna all have a hand in raising the baby.

I can't see them making lily a grandmother. No way. This story was all for Hilary and her child. 

there is no need for Devon to raise Charlie's kid. Lily and cane already has one baby. Why not two?

17 minutes ago, xtr said:
  Hide contents

Oh dear. That sounds plausible. I should just stop watching now.

12 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

You and me both! This show is becoming MAB 2009 and Pratt 2015 all over again! 

Edited by soapfan770

47 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

I can't see them making lily a grandmother. No way. This story was all for Hilary and her child. 

Reveal hidden contents

Lol @ Christel Khalil getting the Patricia Bruder treatment. It is how ever utterly ridiculous and this whole story already stinks to high heaven. 

1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, Faulkner said:

That is a good point about them possibly not wanting Lily to be a grandmother. That may be our saving grace and will keep us from this type of storyline for Charlie/Shauna. The questions remains what exactly are they going to do with Shauna/Charlie. And how will the news about Mishael factor into that. I'm guessing these scenes were filmed before the news of Mishael, so I wonder what they will end up doing with Charlie/Shauna, Devon and Hilary now.

This probably won't happen, but I would much rather see a storyline where maybe Shauna tries to press Charlie into sleeping with her and he actually refuses to do so, because he's not ready yet. I would find that refreshing.

That could create some distance between them and maybe have him feel awkward about his decision. She could even end up trying to date somebody else (they can cast a short term character) it doesn't work out and then she ends back up with Charlie and decides to respect his decision for now. Maybe she has a "scare" with the new guy but it ends up being a false alarm. Charlie could find out and offer his support and that could help bring them back together and have her really appreciate him.

Edited by xtr

8 hours ago, xtr said:

That is a good point about them possibly not wanting Lily to be a grandmother. That may be our saving grace and will keep us from this type of storyline for Charlie/Shauna. The questions remains what exactly are they going to do with Shauna/Charlie. And how will the news about Mishael factor into that. I'm guessing these scenes were filmed before the news of Mishael, so I wonder what they will end up doing with Charlie/Shauna, Devon and Hilary now.

This probably won't happen, but I would much rather see a storyline where maybe Shauna tries to press Charlie into sleeping with her and he actually refuses to do so, because he's not ready yet. I would find that refreshing.

That could create some distance between them and maybe have him feel awkward about his decision. She could even end up trying to date somebody else (they can cast a short term character) it doesn't work out and then she ends back up with Charlie and decides to respect his decision for now. Maybe she has a "scare" with the new guy but it ends up being a false alarm. Charlie could find out and offer his support and that could help bring them back together and have her really appreciate him.

Keep watching. Today's show gives you some of that