Taoboi

Y&R June 2018 Discussion Thread

19 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I don’t think he’s bad-looking at all, but the bloom has long been off that rose for me. Thad Luckinbill, on the other hand...

To each one’s own, as always. Not like I have the opportunity to bag either one.

I don't want to sleep with either. I'm just making an observation. :D

5 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

I don't want to sleep with either. I'm just making an observation. :D

He’s handsome and can clean up when wearing a nicely tailored suit.

26 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

4.jpg

tumblr_p66xa3NgLl1v9vzxbo2_500.gif

He’s gorgeous, but it’s also a charisma and a swagger thing. That dude pops onscreen. Michael Mealor, Jason Canela... great-looking guys both of them, but no.

3 hours ago, mango said:

Absolutely. Victor has a phone book list of awful things he's done. But, as you guys have mentioned, they are just plowing through this storyline with no rhyme or reason. It's inexcusable that Nikki wasn't there. "She wasn't feeling well," doesn't fly because they rarely acknowledge her MS anymore.

Few things annoy me as badly as the fact Victor has done heinous things to every member of his family, not to mention various others, yet it's never really used to prove he's insane and incapable of properly providing a truly healthy home. Nikki isn't as bad as Sharon, but she certainly wouldn't help him win custody in the real world. Not with her issues. She's kind of a crap mom for not doing everything in her power to help Nick as well, but she'll be excused.

1 hour ago, Dax7000 said:

Few things annoy me as badly as the fact Victor has done heinous things to every member of his family, not to mention various others, yet it's never really used to prove he's insane and incapable of properly providing a truly healthy home. Nikki isn't as bad as Sharon, but she certainly wouldn't help him win custody in the real world. Not with her issues. She's kind of a crap mom for not doing everything in her power to help Nick as well, but she'll be excused.

— The absence of Nikki in that room and as a factor in the child custody case was ridiculous. Sharon was raked over the coals, while Victor got the kid gloves treatment AGAIN. That’s not good drama.

Every good legal drama attempts to balance cases like these. Instead, we got a farce, with Michael Baldwin playing the lawyer from hell. I really wanted Nick to deck him.

— Rushing through plot like this is awful. The custody case came up too soon and was resolved too quickly.

— The Jack and Neil scenes were boring beyond belief. I’m sick of his pity party for himself. If you can’t have Dina reading those journal entries, forget it.

— Neil’s glorious penthouse looked bad before. Now it looks even worse with the piano area gone. Neil’s former apartment was SO much nicer.

— i was ok with Mal Young for a good while, even though I wasn’t happy about everything. Now? Not so much. It feels as if he’s losing sight of the good things he did and desperately resorting to trying things to beef up the ratings.

i agree with others, though, that I’m nervous about who’d replace him. 

— I think Thad Luckinbill is hot, but śo is Josh Morrow. It’s a crazy world when JM is called any less than good looking.

9 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Stephen Black and Henry Stern?:ph34r: Megan McTavish?:lol: Susan Bedsow Horgan?

Actually, I'd take SBH, because I know she's someone who respects daytime enough not to screw things up intentionally.

I could actually see Michael Malone or Pam Long with Trent Jones as a co-head writing the show! As a matter of fact I would love to see that happen.

20 hours ago, Faulkner said:

That’s what I don’t get. So many opportunities to illuminate character in different ways, and we have this monotonous mess. A lot of running in place. I wonder what kind of research they are using to pace stories. Like most people in the demo only watch 2-3 days a week so they have to make sure the casual viewer can keep up? But with the illusion of action and movement to keep people “entertained”?

That's an interesting thought on market research. I always put it down to inept writing. But it could be deeper. 

Edited by ajsp35801

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, cattykittens said:

I don't see what's wrong, or how it's an insult, to love Hillary but not like the Hevon pairing. I feel the same way. Just because there is a extremely vocal Hevon fan group doesn't mean many others don't feel the same way. 

Hillary reminds me of a younger Jill. She plays the perfect type of character to have many relationships, and have children from many wealthy men, all the while making a success of herself. It made me sick when they made Hillary sell her company to Devon. Even when she wasn't formally together with Devon, (like when she was with Neil or Jordan), she was still written FOR Devon. Hillary could be much more than Devon's other half.

Victor being awarded temporary custody of Christian would have been believable if we would have seen Victor bribe the judge.

This Jack-not-an-Abbott story might be interesting if we had a compelling potential daddy like Phillip Chancellor.  He's the perfect age. He would have been a bachelor at the time, since Kay was still married to Gary Reynolds when Jack was born. Phillip would've been the type to hang at the country club too, since he was a descendant of the family that founded Genoa City. I see many viewers see it's a possibility why didn't the writers?

I'm sure Jack will be found a Abbott in the end, so why not have some fun in the meantime? Instead all we see is Jack having the blues. It's boring.

Re Jack/Philip Chancelor, next week should be good 😊

Custody Fight

LOL stop it, awhile back, Fans and Stans were BEGGING  for Ole Vic to take Christian away from self righteous Nick, u know so he can feel Shar's pain, it'll teach Nick and all that jazz 😎 

Nikki not being there, his 2 Aunts MIA, Sharon being gutted (tho I loved it) and not Vic for sins of the past, Nick not bringing out his big guns after Vic warned him he was not playing games, none of it made sense. Between living with his BabyNapper or Criminal Grandpa, Christian shoulda ended up in child care or with next of kin, ee his Aunts!

Edited by rlj

it's about damn time (hopefully) that Nick shows Victor how ruthless he can be. if done right he will spare no one, not even his own mother. he'll look at her as "you want to talk about me? how many times have you defended that POS with the crap he's pulled?!" and Nick just had Victor's head hanging....how he didn;t raise him as a kid, how he doesn't knopw the boy, how the boy is his revenge and a pawn.....I'll enjoy it for now.