Y&R June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't see what's wrong, or how it's an insult, to love Hillary but not like the Hevon pairing. I feel the same way. Just because there is a extremely vocal Hevon fan group doesn't mean many others don't feel the same way. 

Hillary reminds me of a younger Jill. She plays the perfect type of character to have many relationships, and have children from many wealthy men, all the while making a success of herself. It made me sick when they made Hillary sell her company to Devon. Even when she wasn't formally together with Devon, (like when she was with Neil or Jordan), she was still written FOR Devon. Hillary could be much more than Devon's other half.

Victor being awarded temporary custody of Christian would have been believable if we would have seen Victor bribe the judge.

This Jack-not-an-Abbott story might be interesting if we had a compelling potential daddy like Phillip Chancellor.  He's the perfect age. He would have been a bachelor at the time, since Kay was still married to Gary Reynolds when Jack was born. Phillip would've been the type to hang at the country club too, since he was a descendant of the family that founded Genoa City. I see many viewers see it's a possibility why didn't the writers?

I'm sure Jack will be found a Abbott in the end, so why not have some fun in the meantime? Instead all we see is Jack having the blues. It's boring.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victor wins? What else is new. Sitting there, with a constipated look on his face. Ugh, sorry. It's tiresome.

Jack should get some cheese with his whine. Jack's best scenes of the week were with Summer. She seemed a little more like old-Summer, but that's not to say her current sass isn't enjoyable. We'll have to see how long until everyone gets sick of it. And here's to hoping Kyle isn't pining after Summer.

• Members

Absolutely. Victor has a phone book list of awful things he's done. But, as you guys have mentioned, they are just plowing through this storyline with no rhyme or reason. It's inexcusable that Nikki wasn't there. "She wasn't feeling well," doesn't fly because they rarely acknowledge her MS anymore.

• Members

When I watch any given scene, it's like I can read  the break down given to the writers. Everything is so one dimensional with the same beat played over and over daily.  There is no variety in conversation. If you've seen one Jack/Neil scene, you've seen them all. 

• Members

That’s what I don’t get. So many opportunities to illuminate character in different ways, and we have this monotonous mess. A lot of running in place. I wonder what kind of research they are using to pace stories. Like most people in the demo only watch 2-3 days a week so they have to make sure the casual viewer can keep up? But with the illusion of action and movement to keep people “entertained”?

Archived