Y&R June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Playing catch up AND...

SHUT UP, PHYLLIS. I did not at all like that she indirectly has caused drama for the Abbotts by encouraging Billy to stay as Jabot CEO.

Yep...over Jack being self-pitying which has revealed that it's been overboard with the Abbotts now. Shocking since I'm sure in my last post I was happy to have a break from the Newmans. Now that I see story shifting I feel it's needed since I now want a bit of a break from the Abbotts (except for Traci and Ashley).

I'm gotten to Summer's return. So far...I don't mind her as a vixen. And they are doing a good job of showing her history with all the characters. And I have to give MY this much...he does seem to be bring the YOUNG back to the RESTLESS. Charlie/Shauna. Mariah/Kyle/Tessa...which I'm not sure how I feel about. And now Summer. 

Hevon is love. Like I said during the final (at the time) arc for Nicole on DAYS. I will take Eric/Nicole for as short time as I have them because that was a story cut short and teased for years (like Liason over on GH too) so that is how I feel about Hevon given recent news. 

Ugh at Victor. But I admit that JM stepped up in those scenes where he confront Victor and trumped him when he revealed he already knew about Christian being Adam's. 

All I got for now.

• Members

So companies are walking away from Newman because of a leaked online article? Uh...ok. I hate it when business stories make zero sense.

i think Mal has already played out the “Kyle is naked” thing. Having Summer get naked with him doesn’t make the scene any more interesting or fun. And can Mariah stop with the snarky judgment? Why the hell would she care about where Kyle and Summer get busy? I’m ignoring Tessa’s presence because I hate her.

Billy and Phyllis in bed? Zzzzzzzzzz. Kill me now and light me on fire. And JaBoat? This is the way to show Billy can’t run the business?

• Members

Why does Jack want to be a Chancellor so darn bad if Phillip wasn't the founder of Chancellor Industries? If he's just one of Katherine's many dead husband's how does it entitle him to have a position at CI?

And the other day Jack was talking about getting his piece of the Chancellor pie. Does he not realize that Kay only left the Chancellor and Reynolds heirs one piece of that pie to split 5 ways,

Please register in order to view this content

( he would make it 6 ways). Devon got the rest of the pie. 

If Jack is looking for a Katherine payout he should be tracking down Judge Arthur Hendricks. Dina screwed everyone else in town why not him too? That's where the billions are.

• Members

Does Mal know that Kay and Dina were very good friends? The Phillip affair is beyond stupid, not to mention that we are supposed to believe that she always knew that he was Jack's father.

Why would someone change the paternity of a 65-year old who has been on the show for almost forty years? 

Jack Chancellor, Jill Fenmore. This show is dead.

• Members

I'm pretty sure Jack's going to end up an Abbott after all. There seems to be another purpose for all this to me.

First they are minimizing Phillip's importance. Devon referred to him as one of Katherine's dead husbands. You would say his name if he was a respected man. I got the impression they're trying to portray Phillip as of many husbands Kay supported on her dime, like the ones that followed him. But that's not true at all. There are early clips with Kay accusing Jill of wanting Phillip for His money. 

YouTube-Kay Chancellor Flashback of hospital visit from Jill after the car wreck in 1975 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCoXGGZtlRk&list=PLlqnrBSqxOqbR3YjF-ImIwwFHuwLFk6yr

There was a better one when Kay & Phillip are arguing over the divorce and he's trying to give her the house. Why would he offer her the house if it was already hers? But that clip's been deleted.

I remember the Rainbow Gardens storyline with Cricket, and she saved the day by turning up the fact that Civil war hero Garfield Dandridge Chancellor ( Phillip's great-great-grandfather) had drawn up the first Genoa City Charter, and hired a world-renowned architect to build what was now the Rainbow Gardens apartments. So the building was declared a historical landmark, and the senior citizens could stay. The Chancellors founded Genoa City, there was no way Phillip was one of Kay's flunkie husbands.

The recharacterization of Kay as the ultimate business woman who grew CI into this massive success, and she's the one responsible for all of her wealth won't fly with me . I've watched her jump off a cruise ship, and lose CI to her hairdresser. Some days she wouldn't have been able to tie her shoes to save her life.

I suspect it's all a set-up to take Chancellor from Jill. Mal has taken almost every other female owned company away, why would he leave Jill with one, even off screen?

Archived