Y&R June 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I liked original recipe Mariah.. she was snarky and called a spade a spade... but the second she started interacting with Kevin, she gradually morphed into a Cassie clone.  If the show had done anything over the years to show she was trying to become like Cassie as a way to help Sharon... I could possibly buy it, but alas.. the show doesn't seem to know how to write for a character that isn't obsessed over a man nor has baby rabies.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that she really likes them plus in today's episode wants to take advantage of having the house to herself. She texted Charlie, probably so he can come up over and they can make out.

I think we may be headed for a storyline with her and Charlie where their relationship may end up moving too fast. A few episodes ago Charlie looked uncomfortable after they were making out a lot. He stopped the kissing. I think she's going to push the relationship to move faster than he wants, maybe even try and get him to sleep with her before he's ready.

• Members

Also think it's cringe worthy. Hilary can't breathe without her. And I wasn't interested in Devon and Hilary's reunion told through Shauna's POV. I'm assuming the show is attempting to present a strong bond between Devon/Hilary and Shauna without actually giving them the depth. Their interactions are all so surface. Especially Devon's relationship with both females. Hilary and Shauna's relationship with each other is a tad better. But still very shallow. Considering that Devon was Shauna at one point, why isn't he written to discuss that with her or even Hilary? Relate to her situation. Instead we just get both fawning over Hilary while she rages. Tbh, writers aren't even trying. 

As @Faulkner and @xtr says 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

That is a good point about them possibly not wanting Lily to be a grandmother. That may be our saving grace and will keep us from this type of storyline for Charlie/Shauna. The questions remains what exactly are they going to do with Shauna/Charlie. And how will the news about Mishael factor into that. I'm guessing these scenes were filmed before the news of Mishael, so I wonder what they will end up doing with Charlie/Shauna, Devon and Hilary now.

This probably won't happen, but I would much rather see a storyline where maybe Shauna tries to press Charlie into sleeping with her and he actually refuses to do so, because he's not ready yet. I would find that refreshing.

That could create some distance between them and maybe have him feel awkward about his decision. She could even end up trying to date somebody else (they can cast a short term character) it doesn't work out and then she ends back up with Charlie and decides to respect his decision for now. Maybe she has a "scare" with the new guy but it ends up being a false alarm. Charlie could find out and offer his support and that could help bring them back together and have her really appreciate him.

Archived