ABC Cancels The Chew: GMA will air 3 hours

John

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In light of these latest allegations against Batali (I'm aware that he no longer appears on the show), I was discussing The Chew with someone just yesterday!

Strangely enough, just the other day, my Mom asked about whatever happened to What Not To Wear and I mentioned that it went off the air years ago, which she thought was too bad. Hey, maybe Clinton can now feel free to reunite with Stacy London. 

• Members

Of course I was vehemently opposed to AMC's cancellation, but I never faulted the hosts of The Chew for that. I quite liked the show the handful of times I watched. In an ideal world, the show would've aired in a different timeslot and AMC would still be with us.

• Members

It pains me to this day how folks still blame a show and its employees for replacing another show and the hate ABCd gets for simply getting rid of something belonging to them they no longer wanted.  After all these years, it remains a head scratcher!

I love soaps and have watched for 37 years but when its time to go, it's time to go!  I was devastated when AW went off the air, but I didn't hate NBC/P&G for doing it.  

• Members

I only watched a few times as well because of AMC and also because I never liked Mario Batali, but I did like Clinton, Carla, and Michael Symon. I'm sorry they're losing their show, especially for more of GMA, an overexposed, bloated waste of time with people you would have to pay me to watch (especially George Stephanoplous). 

I wonder how Frons feels now that his big dream is finally truly gone. 

• Members

I have no idea but It was posted that all 3 shows were supposed to go.  ABC decided that it would be too risky and Frons was given the task of choosing the survivor.  GH was it.  I would have hated if GH got canceled then but if it did, so?  And considering the trash GH is currently, it may not have been a bad idea to let it go when the other 2 went!  

Archived