Offbeat Soap Facts/News bits/Anecdotes you still remember

• Members

It was photos. Victoria Principal did nude photos for Playboy in the early 70's, but some people claim they saw her in hardcore films before she hit big. I doubt it. She was Miss Miami in 1969 and was doing modeling and commercials before her acting career took off. 

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Back in the 1970s, a blurb in the soap press indicated that Ellen Holly (Carla Hall, OLTL) had been unceremoniously kicked out of her long-standing dressing room in order to make room for a "name" performer" coming onto the show. Holly was relegated to changing in the cattle-call room, where the extras changed their clothes. The actress, herself, referenced this anecdote in her autobiography, and was clearly bothered by it. I wonder if the incoming performer knew that TPTB had treated Holly so poorly, to give her star treatment.

Various actresses like Brenda Dickson, JL Bauer and Trish Stewart have mentioned having to flatten their breasts (Dickson) or put on band-aids to hide their nipples (Bauer and Stewart) during Y&R's early years, but Rona Barrett's Daytimers once reported that the show would also do a "masculinity check" on certain men, to make sure that their privates were not too noticeably on parade. (There were times in the 1970s that it was obvious David Hassolhoff enjoyed going commando).

Seriously, I was standing in the magazine store, flipping through the pages, expecting to revealing photos of the usual suspects. When I stumbled across Ames, I LITERALLY felt a wave of dizziness hit me. The unfortunate pictures remain burned in my memory to this day, alas. If Emily McLaughlin, Charita Bauer, Helen Wagner or Frances Reid had been in that magazine too, I would have had a stroke for sure.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

Thaao is another one she didn't get along with in the 80s. TP even mentioned it a couple of weeks ago during the Emmys, because they're friends now. But back then SSH called him a diva and he called her a c***t, LOL!

• Members

Allegedly, according to the soap press of yore in the early 1970s, Susan Seaforth was behind a door on stage, ready to make her entrance. Susan Flannery, SSH's scene partner, was waiting on the other side. When SSH opened the door, Flannery slapped her across the face.

SSH referred to the slap as a "joke she did not get."

If this is really true, I would not have gotten such a "joke" either, but I've have given it right back to Flannery, LOL.

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

But even among men who prefer to go commando, you'd think they would be civil enough to put on a pair of boxers for wardrobe fittings.  I mean, *I* would have no problem seeing their Kibbles & Bits, but some folks might prefer discretion. 

No, the slap allegedly came the second SSH opened the door, out of the blue.