DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not totally unimpressed, but she is playing a toned down Susan. Her voice isn't all there... she just sounds extra Southern-fried instead of fried. ED played her like a hideous mutant, but SH is going for nutty/quirky? I dunno... I'm not totally unimpressed.

• Members

Lol. I understand. It is good to see that so far, so good going by the DAYS episode thread.

That's good to hear. However, it will all depend on how SH does Kristen I suspect.

Agree with the last paragraphe completely. DAYS always has valued her better even though I love Eileen as Ashley.

WOOF.

• Members

Well, SH is doing pretty good! IMHO. It's really a fairly seamless change to me. I'm not even picturing how Eileen would do it. Like I still do with certain recasts like Amelia Heinle and Marci Miller. I think she works much better as Susan simply because she can wear the wig, the teeth and truly get into character. I'm more concerned with her as Kristen. Not that I think she'll do a bad job, I just think Eileen IS Kristen. Not that she wasn't Susan. I'm having a hard time explaining it but I just see Eileen more as Kristen and I'm more OK with Susan being played by SH. But we'll see. So far she's only Susan. I'm a little more nervous seeing her as Kristen. I think I'll have a little bit harder of a time, but we'll see. SH seems to be fairly accepted as Susan so far.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

EXACTLY!!!! It's not even the first time that Susan has been played by a different actress so most people aren't not bugged.

It will be that hidden info that will be the real factor. And it is brief, but at least SH looked the part in the promo.

• Members

She does look the part. I'm trying to be optimistic she'll surprise me. I just see Eileen as Kristen so it's going to probably be hard. But who knows? LOL. But overall, IF Kristen and Susan had to be recast (which obviously she had to be), I'll say that Stacy Haiduk turned out to be an excellent choice. She deserved better honestly than Crazy Patty on Y&R. I did have a brief flash of her and the stuffed cat when Susan was petting the Marlena Barbie today. LOL. Our soaps are so nuts. I sometimes wish they weren't because it can be embarrassing, but at the same time, I love that they're wacky.

• Members

That's true. It's easy to forget. She's so much more associated with "Crazy Patty". I have no doubts she can "handle" Kristen. I just don't know how I'll accept her as Kristen, if that makes any sense lol. But I'm here for her Susan. So far so good.

I really wouldn't hate having SH stay as Susan and ED take back Kristen someday. ED does get exhausted playing both. But they're "hers". So I wonder how it'd work out. Eileen was very classy supporting Stacy so it probably wouldn't be a problem. Who knows? Probably won't happen. But, it's DAYS and it's Ron.

Archived