DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope it's just light fluff work for a limited time. ED's getup as Susan was always comical but we're used to it. Seeing someone else in the outfit looks like kids putting on a play, or one of Fran Fine's relatives on The Nanny. 

Does she have Susan's busted up teeth or does Eileen still hold onto them for memento? 

• Members

Very very classy.

Seems the whole show has supported SH (and she watched Eileen as those characters so instead of taking the role and making it her own, she's basically doing her best Eileen). I'm basically, and it seems the show, is viewing her as a passable stand-in because Eileen wasn't available. 

I know many are so upset over this, and I was initially too, but it's for a story. SH isn't going to be playing these roles now and forever.

She looks fine as Susan. I personally think it was smarter to seemingly use her more as Susan (or Kristen-as-Susan?). More fitting.

I adore Eileen and her as Kristen and Susan is what got me absolutely hooked on DAYS (that and Sami when I liked her as an insecure girl who acted like a total bitch) but people are acting as if Stacy Haiduk will forever be playing these roles now. I very much doubt that. Eileen will forever be who they want. That's why I'm no longer bothered by the recast. Is what it is. Now that Eileen ran screaming from Y&R she can make time for DAYS. If she were still trapped on Y&R, I'd be as upset as everyone else seems to be.

• Members

She likely wouldn't ever be on contract with DAYS but I can see her doing guest stints. She's very supportive of the show. She just gets exhausted playing the characters. But who knows? Maybe she's done with soaps for awhile? I wouldn't blame her.

• Members

Well, I'm trying

Please register in order to view this content

lol. I'm still annoyed beyond belief but it just is what it is at this point so I'm trying to have the perspective of "she's a stand-in" who will likely do a passable job. I had to LOL at the other board wanting a tale of two Kristen's. God no.

I think the show, and SH, know what it means to be taking over this role. It's a big deal. She apparently did her research, the cast and crew helped, she was given tapes. I'm not saying she's doing an "impersonation" but you could almost look at like that, she's a "fill in". Like a temporary recast. Again, just how I'm trying to look at it.

I was more pissed she "couldn't" do it more than I was that she was recast. I wonder if that played a role in her finally saying DEUCES BITCHES to Y&R. I'm glad she hopefully realized they were wasting her. DAYS has always valued her more but Y&R has always been her "home".

Archived