DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

• Members

He didn't.

And I agree they have a lot of value to offer.

Too bad their two biological children are off the canvas. Not that I always think they 'need' kids around to generate story but it wouldn't hurt. Stephanie and Joey should be true leads on the show and they're nowhere to be found.

I don't think Vee meant "he literally didn't work there". As part of the show, I didn't think Nichols "worked"/he didn't "fit" on the show.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh good lord lol at this news. Haiduk can be decent but is definitely can't fill Davidson's shoes on this one. 

I remember back in 2010 when Haiduk flaunted she was going to be on Days only to be abruptly recast by Gina Gallego in the role of Hope's prison warden in that prison story the show did with Robin Mattson as in a guest role.  Somebody needs to tell Days that Patty/Emily did NOT set Y&R on fire. 

As for Nichols, he just needs to stay with Days. He's not needed nor wanted back at Y&R at all. 

• Members

Agreed. I've heard that MBE has been SN's "peacemaker" on the DAYS and GH sets over the years.

SH played the prison warden for three episodes but then got another acting job and asked DAYS to work around her schedule. DAYS, with their budget and all, didn't change their plans for a short-term character so they replaced her.

• Members

Thanks for explaining that! I never remembered exactly what happened or why for sure it didn't work out. I remember it was about the same time that Michael Muhney officially left Y&R for his "big new" prime-time show he flaunted as well only for the pilot not to be picked up by any network so he came back two months later. The ego trips in the press from Muhney and Haiduk certainly didn't help matters. 

• Members

LOL. and? That doesn't mean Tucker was ever popular or successful as a character. Shall we hop in the DeLorean and take you back there? He wasn't!

Both of those things are true, but that doesn't mean Steve and Kayla don't have a different place on the show as the sort of elder heroes. I think they're very good in those roles. They've also wasted Stephanie who could have a much more action-oriented role - and Joey, well, recast him.

• Members

lol, it's ok. We've had so many damn writers who can [!@#$%^&*] keep track anymore?

Please register in order to view this content

I'm constantly trying to remember who wrote what. And so much of it was trash. Anywho ...

• Members

Ava was introduced in 2008 during the Writer's Strike, which is generally accepted as Dena Higley's work.

When Ava returned in 2015, it was Higley and Griffith. If the writers were penning separate stories, then it would seem Higley was writing the Ava material. Ava's story dried up immediately when Higley left in February/March 2016 with Ava dying and her secret son being abandoned. Even the Joey / Ava angle was abandoned even though it was leverage that Jade had over the Johnson clan. When Higley returned, Joey's role in Ava's murder played a bit more of a role and Ava's son was revisited.  

Archived