DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

• Members

My apologies for over-stepping.

I have mixed feelings about this.  As pointed out SH is a fantastic actress, I could see her pulling this off (not many could).  But ED is in a league herself and IS the sole reason for the Kristen character.

So we wait and see.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

THIS!

On my end, no worries here. I know you were just trying to be helpful by saying the source wasn't allowed.

Agreed with you on this. Eileen IS the sole reason for the Kristen character.

I don't dislike SH but ugh at this news. Just ugh.

It's a confusing situation because apparently CBS said "no" to this (and I guess Sony wasn't going to push it like they did before?). Apparently Eileen signed a new contract. Must not include her ability to pop in at DAYS anymore. It's a bit confusing now. We need some more clarity on the situation. I once thought it was a 'Sony' thing. Who does Eileen sign a contract with? CBS? Sony? Both? I'm a little confused here.

• Members

Ridiculous idea. ED is Kristen and Kristen is ED. There is NO POINT to a Kristen return without her. Also, DAYS is going back to that well a little too much and too often. If ED isn't available, show, change the plans.

• Members

Her previous contract was with Sony, I believe, precisely so that she could do Days and Y&R without signing multiple contracts every time she went to one or the other. I'd be surprised if she didn't do the same again. It sounds like Mal said no on scheduling grounds.

Either way... perhaps Days can delay the story given that no one should be playing ED unless ED herself says she doesn't want to anymore. And I doubt she said that. She's a worker bee and loves both roles.

• Members

She seems to love DAYS from her tweets. Even though Y&R will always be her "home". I think she appreciates being wanted. Even if she gets tired from the workload of Kristen, etc.

I think she would have done it. For all accounts I don't believe it was Eileen who said no. If she could have I'm sure she would have.

It sounds like it's more than just a rumor that Haiduk is Kristen but I guess we shall see.

Since this is the spoilers section ...

Rumors have a fall wedding for John and Marlena where Marlena is shot and either in a coma or paralyzed. Or both. Guess we'll see if this storyline rumor pans out too. (Which makes sense because I think we see Belle and Shawn again in the fall, along with Sami and who knows who else; and Steve will likely disappear after that, this all would have been taped in March/April I believe, which lines up when Nichols contract was up and we heard Brandon and Martha were back in March and Sweeney's seemingly been taping for a few months now)

They're already taping November I believe. Lawd.

• Members

Eileen loves DAYS and Kristen (even though the character is more exhausting for her than Ashley) but has never made it a secret that Y&R is where she feels at home. Sony was behind her return to DAYS in 2012. When she a year later went back to Y&R she signed a contract that allowed her to do both shows. Which she has done. In 2014 she returned to DAYS for a three month run and in late 2014 (airing 2015) she returned again and was surprised that DAYS only wanted her back for a 10 episode arc. When she returned for this latest stint as Susan (and a brief scene as Kristen), she taped DAYS on Mondays because that's when Y&R is dark. She recently signed a new contract with Y&R, maybe there are new terms in it regarding DAYS?

• Members

It does seem like something to do with her new contract. Just my assumption though. I doubt she'd have said no, so it has to be a contract thing. Shame.

That's my issue too. She can be good but most of the time you're right, she gnaws at that scenery lol. I feel a lot of eye rolling coming from me in the future lol

Archived