DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

• Members

I didn't see this posted anywhere here on SON but if it was you can remove this thread.

Apparently Stacy Haiduk will play Kristen DiMera for an upcoming storyline because CBS/Y&R/Mal Young said no when DAYS needed Eileen Davidson. Don't know when this will air, but probably sometime in the summer or fall. Don't know if it will be tied to John and Marlena's wedding and whatever happens to Marlena (getting shot?).

I don't know how reliable the sites that first reported it are but trustworthy people on Daytime Royalty have later confirmed it.

Personally I hate this. I don't want to see anyone other than Eileen playing Kristen and I don't like SH at all.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sit down.  The eyeroll wasn't directed at you per say, and I didn't say it wasn't true, but your source isn't allowed here.  I read the rules before I post on any board, maybe you should too.

• Members

if memory serves, didn't Sin post that if this was posted anywhere on this said to delete it? on top of the fact, peole didn't have to click on the link. so maybe some of them should sit down and find out facts for themselves. 

well, they did find someone to play crazy. but it won't last long, not with Ron's crap writing. 

• Members

I saw this 6 weeks ago. Frankly, with DAYS now filming 6 mos in advance, if they do want to bring back Kristen/Susan, I'm sure they can figure out a window during that gap to make it work. Since DAYS/Y&R produced by Sony, they'll make it work if ED wants to play the role.  

• Members

I saw that too. I'm really devastated.

I don't know that Mal can personally say "no" though. I think he had a say in it, of course. Maybe Eileen saw the workload she had and turned it down? Isn't the use of Eileen a Sony dictated thing?

We have @Toups for this kind of thing. I'm sure you were being helpful but we don't need to moderate each other. IMO. And the initial source, while not allowed, the rumor has since been verified by trusted people on another message board. I still hope it's all one big joke but it doesn't sound like it is. (I know you weren't questioning the validity of the rumor)

I'd actually buy her more as Susan than Kristen. Go figure that one out. lol

I don't mind SH like some do, but Eileen will forever be Kristen to me. As long as Stacy doesn't wear that hideous blonde wig or dye her hair blond ... it doesn't work for her, JMO.

I think she's blended Kristen/Ashley. I see Kristen when I watch her on DAYS but all I can see is shades of Kristen when watching Eileen as Ashley. I do agree that I feel like she's not been as present and is kind of phoning it in. I'd still take her phoning it in over other lazier actors but I agree with you on this.

• Members

Not sure about ED phoning it in because I have not watched either show in a while, but I can't imagine folks are not suffering from this woman's over exposure.  

SH is a fantastic actress and would be a breath of fresh air.  

Archived