Days Actress Quits

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guess I'll be watching again November 29th. 

Ew. I feel the total opposite. LOL. But I don't hate Miller. She just needed more life and energy to her. Blah. I'll take scenery chewer anyday after watching paint dry for two years. (LOL, but seriously, I saw some potential in Marci Miller but Mansi was my preference. I can see why you liked her as Abby though)

• Members

I felt like she was understated rather than lifeless. She's been my favourite character over the last year or so and it's gonna hit me hard watching this new person come in, especially as she looks hispanic and doesn't seem like she could be Jennifer's daughter/JJ's sister.

• Members

Understandable. But she had great chemistry with them. I'm very excited. I'm sorry for those who preferred Miller, but hey, at least she chose to leave on her own and I don't think Mansi's sticking around, but I still don't know how long she's here for. I will say Miller looked more like Missy and Matt's daughter. I just wasn't thrilled with her acting choices sometimes and the writing for Abby. After Mansi, Miller felt miscast to me. But if I didn't know Mansi in the role, I probably would feel slightly different. I like both for different reasons but I vastly prefer Mansi. And to be fair, actors usually start to gel and improve in the role as they're about to leave. I was actually starting to get really used to her when we heard she was leaving so I imagine after a few years ... but so many associate and prefer Mansi in the role.

They're just very different actresses.

• Members

Yeah, I looked at it as a nice gesture to get Kate back, especially with Matt coming back as Jack. But I can see why many preferred Miller. I don't think it's permanent. I wish it were. But I also think maybe it's time for a break from Chad and Abby. Not an 8 year break (hyperbole; I think it was more like 7 ...) like Shawn and Belle, but a break isn't the worst thing. I think more characters should exit every so often for a year or so and get refreshed.

• Members

Marci Miller taking over from Kate Mansi is like watching Hayley Sparks subbing for Beth Ehlers as Harley on GL (for the few who understand the reference). It's like, yeah she looks like the predecessor and can act, but just so BLAH. 

(Or, in keeping with DAYS, it's like when Stephanie Cameron took over as Jennifer when Melissa Reeves abruptly left). 

• Members

i hated KM's Abigail for a long time, mainly because of all the EJ/Sami mess, but when she started going nutty I found the character way more interesting. Especially after she tied Ben to the bed and set it on fire.  

and then MM came on the scene and it was like... no. LOL

Archived