Days Actress Quits

• Members

This is ridiculous!  Abby's face was changed due to a fire, right?  

Time to give Chabby a happy ending and let him take her somewhere so that she can heal. I like Mansi in the role, but Marci is the better actress. Give the Abby character a rest!  Billy Flynn is already overrated enough as it is!  

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mansi's Abby had a spark and fire that Marci's Abby lacks. Marci was better than people wanted to give her credit for, but a lot of times she looked asleep in the role. I'll take Mansi's "scenery chewing" anyday. Granted, Marci's Abby had awful writing a lot of the time and when given the opportunity, Marci had some fire in the role. I'm not sad over this. Could you imagine Marci's Abby in her underwear climbing on top of Patrick Muldoon or having sex with EJ in the shower?

• Members

This is disappointing because I enjoyed Marci. I felt she had a classic soap ingenue quality and I would’ve loved seeing her develop over the years. Kate Mansi always felt like a generic soap actor who couldn’t act but was pretty. I never liked her at all and am not shocked she’s had no succes since leaving. 

• Members

I am all for Kate Mansi returning. She really grew into the role after being ho-hum initially. Marci was ho-hum throughout. Marci did have that classic soap look of the 70's, with flat, unbleached hair. I'll give ya that. Her sleepy approach to acting does the soap no favors though, as half the show seems like perfect ambient noise for an afternoon nap. 

I hope Kate Mansi's return is extended, but she's probably destined for primetime, starring opposite a 50+ year old man in a subpar FOX comedy (Hi Kim Matula!) 

I'm also surprised they only locked Marci in for a 2 year deal. For some reason, the Abigail Deveraux role is always played by someone that takes at least two years to warm up to. They missed the boat utilizing Ashley Benson. 

• Members

So if Miller is still filming, she'll be on until Thanksgiving (it seems like DAYS went back to 6 month lead). 

Is Billy leaving as well? Then it'd make sense to have Mansi back for his exit since they had the best scenes. 

• Members

Thank Gawd!  Miller can take all her alters with her too. I hated the DID story. And short term could be extended....look at Chandler Massey. He was suppose to only return short term too.

• Members

wasn't this all based on some throw away comment Camila Banus made that sent peeps into a tizy? I don't think we ever had any kind of confirmation on how long CM's return would be. 

not that I disagree w/ you on how Mansi will likely end up staying, because a steady job is a steady job. LOL

Archived