Days: May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brady was born on screen in 1992 and Theresa were born on screen in 1990. Eve was a teenager when introduced in 1987, so she is much older than the other two in theory. If I don't think about the age difference between Eve and Brady as characters and just focus on the actors it isn't noticeable, but when I think of the age the characters should be, I get frustrated. 

• Members

I feel ya but with DAYS you can't think too hard about these things. Ages are all out of whack! They really messed with the ages by SORASING certain kids when they did. I mean, I get it. Eve was in her 20s when Brady was born. Jennifer was in her teens when Eric was born. But the ages of the actors isn't too huge of a difference so the age, in theory, shouldn't be a problem. But when you realize Jen was a teen when Eric was born, well ... LOL. Sometimes DAYS requires you not to think too hard

Please register in order to view this content

That definitely seems to be the case.

I never thought Brady/Theresa worked, for a variety of reasons. Brady and Nadia could compliment each other. I never thought Jen and Eric complimented each other on-screen, if that makes sense. They didn't look right together to me. Not to mention the awful writing at the time of course. For me, Brady and Eve look appropriate together, even if, age-wise, they shouldn't be anywhere near each other, it's the writing them as some supercouple (among other things) that are my problems with them ... lol

People have taken issue with Jen and Eric too. And, like I said, I get it, if you think too hard about the fact that Jen was a teenager when Eric was born ... but eh. Personally, the problems people have with these couples, age should be the last of the worries, lol. There's so much more to worry about regarding both couples, lol.

• Members

Another reason I hated EJ so much but yeah his was by far the worst. Belle and Philip's were jarring as well but not in the way EJ's was (considering Will was born before him and remained close to his rightful age).

I always wished Brady and Abby were still the same age and in the same circle because they were born around the same time. I guess it's nice Brady and Jen have a friendship. They should.

People are just aged wrong and in the wrong groups. LOL. It's pretty bad.

Brady/Abby should be the same age and contemporaries with Belle in there. Philip and Will should be contemporaries. EJ SHOULD be around their age now. It's just ... LOL

Oh Wow! Sonny's Titan CEO office makes it's debut. No Titan staff whatsoever. Looking suspiciously like the DiMera offices.  Only Shady Sonny bear and her man Leo. Poor Chloe she finally gets a story. Stuck in a crusty Mexican motel room with a cheesy stereotypical Latin drug lord. I like Lucas hiring Paul to rescue Chloe. Xander is back. Xander is a problematic character. No regime knows what to do with him. Ron just brought him back because Xander's hot.  

• Members

Bingo.

I see so many fangirling out over him. Yeah, he's hot. I don't really hate him but he's treated like the second coming.

I thought his acting was atrocious in his very first go around. I've since warmed up to him and even kind of enjoy him but talk about overhyped, lol

Thursday's show was the best one of the week I think. Not really high praise but it was ok. At least the ending was a bit of a cliffhanger (unless you buy SOD because they spoiled Vivian being injected -- a long problem has been spoilers, IMHO and SOD and other mags literally telling you the entire story)

Thursday should have been on Friday. I mean, for a Friday show? Laaawd. So bad. I mean, the Xander cliffhanger was decent but I knew it'd be him so there's really no suspense anymore. I guess the casuals probably gasped and ate it up.

With both Ben and Xander it feels like because they're hot everyone fangirls out and wants them on the show but then they'll bitch that someone who should be in jail is walking around free. But then again, most of the characters on the show should probably be serving long sentences in either a prison or a mental institution ...

And I think with Ben and Xander it's a matter of fans are desperate for any sort of movement or excitement or action on this damn show ... lol

This show should be SO easy for Ron to write. I think as he becomes more familiar we'll see more from him. Hopefully. But Sheri and Ryan should have the history down pat and be a boost here. I'm not sure what's getting lost in translation. Ron should be LIVING for the characters of DAYS and writing insane (but not too insane) things with daily cliffhangers and exciting things going on. DAYS can literally write itself so I don't know how so many writers have screwed it up. DAYS would be a blast to write for.

• Members

I’m glad Xander is back, and the fact that he’s hot is reason enough.

The rest of the show sucks, so at least Xander is eye candy. 

It’s time to start raking RC over the coals for this mess. For some reason, he’s given a lot more excuses and reasons for his lousy stories. Other headwriters have been destroyed for less. 

Archived