Days: May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm getting sick of Maggie playing mother to everyone elses's kids. This is a perfect example of the problem with episode guarantees and only being able to use actors so much in their own stories and not move them elsewhere into other storylines where they make sense.

Claire and Ciara's feud has never made sense and was always stupid.

It's really odd how we have a quad in Eli/JJ/Lani/Gabi yet they get nothing to do. Tripp and Ciara are getting nothing in terms of building up their romance.

Just terrible. (not saying I want to see that quad but I feel like we're just biding our time before the baby dies and then what? Zzzzzz. Ron must have used them too much, which is why they're MIA now mostly; see another problem with the guarantees and other things BTS - yes it's also a Ron thing in terms of how he tells the story and how he uses them)

And speaking of guarantees, someone like Vanessa Williams has a four episode guarantee. How can you tell a story with her? Ever? You can't. Something has to change.

Isn't it great how they let Abby go home? LAWD. Come on. That's not reality. I can ignore a lot of things on soaps but she's a danger. I rolled my eyes so hard. Marlena hasn't even seen her!

And not that I care about her but I was LMAO as Hope said Gabi was going to stay where she was for now. None of this is how it works!

I'm also really sad Camila Banus and Galen Gering have re-signed. I'd take every other Hernadi over them. Even the mother and Blanca the Hernadi family friend. Why does the show insist on holding on to them? Personally Gabi would have made a better necktie killer victim in 2015 than Will.

I wish Ron had better script writers. Even during the hell periods of Tomsell and Higley they had competent script writers who could do their best with what they were given. I've noticed a decline.

The show needs a total refocus at this point. Sticking with a lot of the same people and ideas from Tomsell/Higley isn't working. I should care more about Eli, Lani, among others and I really don't. Ron could have developed them a lot more. It didn't help we never really saw Lani with Theo or Abe before the shooting story and pregnancy story. I mean, how hard is it to show us their relationships? Make us care about Lani?

Lawd.

At least Ron's not being totally destructive. I'd rather complain about boring stories and BTS stuff than when Tomsell and Higley were doing massive amounts of damage to the characters and the show with their nasty agendas. I know people don't agree but I think Higley wrote the show as a big old FU to the fans who got her fired.

• Members

I don't think that Lani/Eli really have much chemistry. I think they were better off with JJ/Gabi. I wonder where the writers will go with this storyline now. It seems like the last time they really used this group much was it was discovered Eli was the father of Lani's baby during the trial. Other than that it doesn't seem like they have been used much together.

Also, I wish they would have kept Wyatt around. I think his presence would have breathe some life into Ciara/Tripp pairing. I think he had nice chemistry with Ciara. I wish instead of having him help Claire rig the contest, they would have had him help Ciara figure out what Claire did. (They could have had some random dayplayer help Claire instead). They still could have Claire/Ciara end their feud (Which I'm glad they did),  but they could have added Wyatt to the teen group. Maybe Ciara could have gotten back together with Tripp, but been grateful to Wyatt, who would still have feelings for her. Or maybe she'd be kind of torn between both young men for a bit.

I think the potential of the Tripp/Ciara pairing went downhill, when they kept having Tripp act as a referee between the girls and then vote for Claire for a beauty contest, even though he claimed he was interested in Ciara. I think the way that Tripp has been acting in particular has had some negative impact on the potential for him and Ciara.

• Members

Lani and Eli have NO chemistry, lol. I don't think Eli/Gabi or Lani/JJ did either. Gabi/JJ do. I'd rather go back to that but even then I've long been over the Gabi character.

Me too. I liked Wyatt and the actor playing him. I was happy they brought him back but it was for like a few episodes worth of a storyline. There should have been a better story for Bella and the new face. Have a big party where Claire is outed. Have other things occur there. I miss the DAYS when they would have done this kind of thing. Now stories get played out in a few episode.

It did go downhill. Tripp is boring as hell now. SO much potential was there with Tripp and Ciara. But now I'm all zzzzzzz. These two should be really built up as a new generation supercouple. But nope. Nada.

At least Paul and Will are getting some nice build up but the whole Wilson thing looms so I have a hard time being 100% invested when I want to be because I fear the ultimate goal/direction this takes.

The show lacks severely in the younger generation and especially in the romance department and building new couples.

Brady and Eve are bizarrely getting the supercouple treatment, with Theresa about to be a spoil to them. It's bizarre.

And Eric and Jen, while cute together, are boring and do the same thing on-screen over and over again ("Eric and Jen have a romantic night", wash rinse and repeat). They couldn't just bring Jack back and stick him in the role they have Eric playing? And why haven't they bothered to have Eric/Jen/Brady/Eve interact? I mean those scenes can literally write themselves and would add a lot. But they've only had very brief interactions.

And why did Marlena take over Kayla's role as doctor to tell Brady and Eve the results? It should have led to more Marlena/Brady but instead Marlena was gone. Why are these two not having a warm heart to heart?

So many things are missing.

So many things need "oomph". But I could say that about all the soaps. There's no building of characters anymore. Soaps should be character studies. Instead we're left guessing what motivates these people. I mean, imagine if they TRULY delved into Abby's DID, or if Jennifer's pill addiction years ago was more than a few minutes on-screen and a well done flashback, or if they truly examined Brady's self-destructive behavior and his going through relationship after relationship ...

I mean, I'm glad Will has no memories, to be honest, and I could care less if he gets them back because I like new Will, but why is he not trying harder? So many beats have been missed with this, too.

• Members

They are wasting Tripp and Ciara on nonsense stories. I like them as a future couple but there is no investment from Ron to make that happen.

Agree with you on Paul and Will. I wish they'd have some adventure storyline where it would bring them closer together.

And yeah....when did Brady and Eve become a supercouple? I want to like the coupling but KW is so wrong as Eve. I am sure they are getting a lot of airtime because Ron has a hard on for both....for different reasons....one is a hot guy and the other worked under him at OLTL.

• Members

I don't get Brady and Eve. I like both characters. But I feel like there was almost no build up to this relationship and they fell madly in love (particularly Brady) overnight. And now Brady's sooo in love and can't live without her and blah blah blah. It came out of nowhere and I'm not feeling it.

• Members

It's become a typical pattern for Brady though. But they never examine said behavior. But yeah, it was kind of out of nowhere. And now it's being rushed a tad because of Theresa, who won't be sticking around, so, at the end of the day, why should we care? I know I sure don't.

Paul and Will have SO much potential. They should be being built up as well as a super couple. I'm surprised how much I like them together. Paul and Will make a lot of sense together. They work so well together and the chemistry is great. Paul also seems happier and more at ease with Will. Sonny was often so rude and dismissive to Paul unless he needed Paul. It was such a lop-sided relationship. A lot of it also had to do with Higley not at all invested in writing for "the gay couple". Paul's treated like an actual character under Ron.

• Members

I don't mind them writing Tripp as more mature and not destructive, but I agree he has become boring. I think he needs to hang out with more people besides Ciara and Claire. I would like to see him spend more time with Steve and get some more friends, especially guy friends. It seemed like he has barely interacted with Steve since he started to go blind. I think he should have been helping his father through that. 

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Jen/Eric/Brady/Eve interacting together too. I think that could be interesting. Unfortunately Eric is barely shown and him and Jen really don't do much. I would have also liked to see Brady and Marlena have more scenes together, especially with his recent hospitalization.

I would like to see him interact more with her, John and his family in general. But they keep writing him to mostly be focused on whoever he's in love with, and not let him as much interaction with other people.

I do like Brady/Eve together but I have seen several people online say they don't like the couple and they don't make sense to them. I have seen multiple people say they feel that Eve seems too old for Brady. Heck, if Kyle Lowder was in the role I might be thinking the same thing, lol. But I am okay with Eric's Brady and KDP's Eve together and I think that KDP looks younger with shorter hair. Though, I didn't care for Eve telling Brady to drink himself to death and encouraging him to fall off the wagon, after he was trying to win her back. 

Also, would anybody be open to the show eventually revisiting Brady/Chloe? I've seen some fans elsewhere say they would. It seems like they don't really want to revisit these two, but maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea down the line. If things don't work out with Brady/Eve and they keep him single for a bit. I have loved Broe in the past and Chloe does understand him and care about his well-being.

• Members

I don't know why they seem to totally avoid Broe. I'd really liked to have seen Eric and Nadia be given a chance to play Broe as a couple together on-screen. I'd be all for it. But Brady needs to be rehabbed as a character. Instead of throwing him in this Eve/Theresa mess they should have had Chloe getting Brady clean and them reconnecting, not giving Chloe and Lucas that story. JMO.

Martsolf and DePaiva together don't really bother me (and just remember, DePaiva's Eve was banging JJ a few years ago! He's MUCH younger and fans were kind of into that so it's interesting they'd care about the age thing with Eve and Brady). For me, my problem is that the whole setup to them is annoying and I would have preferred Brady taken in a different direction instead of thrust into yet another destructive relationship that's bound to end. I know some people obsess over the age thing but that doesn't bother me really. Not sure why it bothers anyone. People act like it's as bizarre as Anna Nicole Smith marrying a man older than God. THAT is a bizarre thing. But even then, love is ultimately love (though I imagine $ plays a part in that a lot of the time lol)

• Members

It never even occurred to me until now that there's an age difference between Brady and Eve. I feel like there's far more of an age difference between Brady and Theresa, at least as far as the actors go (I have no idea how old Brady or anyone is supposed to be).

Archived