Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

Traci is the head of that family. Jack thinks he is, but he isn't. Traci is more like John than his other 3 kids IMPO. 

I think he held his tongue at the theater, and probably wouldn't have said anything if Dina hadn't of started going on about her marriage to John and how wonderful it was. and he even let most of that go, even as the girls were trying to take her away. then Jack had heard enough. and the stuff that he said which she didn't hear IMO was worse than what he said to her.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sam is a cute kid and I do like that a core family now has an Asian member. This is how you develop lasting diversity for the show. 

HOW! EVER!  I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't gall me that the Winters family has to carry the burden of diversity alone. They're multiracial while the two MAIN core families remain as white as snow. There isn't even one biriacial child let alone one  who has a totally different make up from their anchor like Sam with lily.  Why couldn't Tracy adopt an asian child or a black baby from Africa like all these rich celebrities?

@detroitpiston I don't really mind lily raising Cane's cheat baby. I only kinda dislike that we will never be allowed to forget. 

• Members

I'll echo the comments about Kyle/Nikki. The dialogue is a long time coming. I was waiting to see how long it would take for the writers to acknowledge what happened to Diane and who was responsible for it. But, what about Victor? He treated Diana so poorly.

All in all, a good Mother's Day episode drawing on most of the current storylines. Mariah and Sharon was a nice touch.

• Members

This week hasn't been as enjoyable to me. Didn't like the writing as much for the whole reveal. The aftermath has been much better.

However, Friday's episode was great for Mother's Day. I LOVED that Kyle is NOT happy with Nikki and called her out. Nick/Sharon actually work well together, and I can see them having a Nikki/Victor open type relationship down the road.

Enjoyed the scenes with Dina. But I have to say again, the Nikki/Kyle scenes really sold me today. The actor did a good job

To be honest, it was WTF but I don't think Daniel Goddard had the depth to sell it well. A stronger actor would have made it work. Man do I miss Thad Luckinbill. 

• Members

I enjoyed today's Mother Day's themed episode. I especially liked Lily talking to her family about Dru, Devon comforting Hilary about missing her mother, and the Abbot family scenes. Especially the scenes with Traci and Dina, that were both touching and sad. Beth Maitland often brings such a gentleness and poignancy to scenes when Tracy/the Abbott family is dealing with a tough situation. 

Even Kyle behaved somewhat decently today when he was standing up for Dina. It's good to see some scenes that shows that he does care about at least one member of his family. 

• Members

"It was very hard  for him. he was thinking about Diane. and I proud of him for jumping in Nikki's tail. brought her down a peg or two, reminding her that her holier than thou attitude doesn't change the fact she murdered his mother (she's the Michael Myers of GC). and how he checked Jack. I thought he was going to punch him. his behavior has me thinking.....did Victor get his hands on the original film and have the films switched without Kyle knowing? because if so, he has Kyle over a barrel. 

• Members

I think that it may have been Victor who had something to do with the film being edited with Dina's confession. It looks like Kyle might actually be innocent of that. Abby seems to believe him and both her and also Neil seem to think it's Victor that did it. I hope Kyle didn't do that, and that would show that he at least cares enough about Dina not to hurt her in that way.

• Members

I'm right there with you. but spoilers did say the ultimate betrayal.....he did give that film to Victor. he may have used it, but Klye set it in motion IMO.  and when the family finds out he gave that evidence to Victor.....which he will use to blackmail Kyle.....

• Members

I didn’t mind that. Jack had just been publicly humiliated, and his feelings were still raw when he lashed out initially. Once he got out that immediate anger, he was shamed/talked off the ledge by his family and realized he was irrationally railing at a vulnerable old woman with Alzheimer’s. 

• Members

Well I am not happy about the Abbott paternity s/l but I do have to say all involved except for Kyle, the acting is good.  I do not like all these crazy rewrites as if us viewers are a bunch of ignorant people and won't notice which I find offensive. 

Kyle was here before and he had no problems with Jack which is why I find this s/l very hard to swallow...I mean we had an adult Kyle before the recast and nothing like this was happening.  He was with Summer at 1 point and Phyllis tried to stop the whole thing.

Also do not care for Sharon and Nick redo...I also although not so important wonder why her hair looks like straw...Not to crazy about Sharon although I dislike Phyllis a lot more. Sharon just is blah she has no fire. Also the love scene was grossly boring and lacked any fire..

I'm still upset that Reed was written off .... The Actor was happy to say he would come back if asked. I feel he has a lot of potential and is able to act...I think he was super sweet and especially with Maddie. I thought their scenes were sweet.

I do not think Sam is Cane's son, he is very cute but we haven't seen him in a long time but I know I have always felt he wasn't his son as I felt he was way too drunk to perform and didn't remember a thing.  That's also besides the point that I think he is a ginormous idiot and so blech....

Archived