Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I said that since he started to air.

Not a bad thing mind you. This show needs someone (other than Hillary) to be driving story. And when was the last time there was a male villain.

Playing catch up at the moment and question for everyone: so does it seem like Billy at the moment is being propped or does it seem like he simply has no story because I am at the point where Jack got out of jail and is at Jabot post Kyle party asking if Billy wants a job. But I feel even though he stepped down from Chancellor that Billy currently has a job. seems odd to me because Billy could be around without being there as watching out for Kyle.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I said this awhile ago. Since the show now has kyle to drive story for Newmans and Abbotts, Hilary will now be freed of that role. I actually see much better writing coming her way. Because she no longer has to be the town villain, they can use her and GC buzz properly. Well, as best they can re: GC Buzz. Having nick come by to go on of his own free will instead of Hilary sneaking around to broadcast things people don't want to get out is a step in the right direction. Now let's see if a newman comes by to talk down at Hilary and call her  names over nick's choices the way they did in the past. 

Billy is always propped IMO though I think Mal has dialed him back.  I get the feeling that Kyle's purpose is to be Billy's foil moreso than Jack's. I don't know why yet though. Just a feeling I get as I watch. 

• Members

I remember you saying that, too.

Please register in order to view this content

And I definitely want better writing for Hillary and where I seem to be at in my viewing catchup, it seems like it just might happen. Emphasis on MIGHT.

I also agree with you on the dialback. I just needed to double check myself. I just feel like when Billy was in the scenes that he was in that I just watched, I can't help but think of that RHOA Sheree gif where she is all 'don't you have s*%& better to do.'  And YES to what you said...I get a feeling that this story might move from Jack to Billy and find it worrying. It seem good for Jack right now...giving him story. Kyle can still be a foil for Billy but not take him completely out of Jack's orbit. The talk that I saw between Kyle and Victor where Victor was explaining the long game gives me hope that won't happen...because the conflict is there...what if Kyle does soften to his dad knowing he is suppose to betray him to Victor? What if Jack finds out? What if there is a double cross? There's something to mine there...ESPECIALLY if they bring up how Diane was treated by Victor or the fact that Nikki killed her. Possibilities.

Not so much to mine there if it's just Kyle vs Billy I think.

• Members

Awhile back when Kyle and Billy had a scene in the foyer of the GCAC and Billy said something like, "Grasshopper, you never go against family". All I could think was "so saith the man who Is shacked up with his brothers wife. The man that destroyed the abbot family OVER his brothers wife. Yeah, sure."  It seems part of Kyle's purpose is to make Billy look more loyal and wise.  

Like you, I fear it'll turn into Billy vs Kyle with Billy defending Jack's honor. When really, the reappearance of Kyle who is driving so much story just makes Billy's existence seem pointless and superfluous. 

• Members

I've been half-watching but caught yesterday and Friday.  Has there been any explanation for Devon's change of heart when it comes to Hilary and the baby?  Last week he was regretting making the agreement with her and yesterday, he was down with it again.  Even after he found out that she wasn't pregnant.  What gives?

I fully expected him to berate her after the non-preggers reveal for being a scheming bitch.  While I'm glad that he didn't, I'm wondering why the change.  

Can't say I'm looking forward to Jack finding out, and the previews 

Please register in order to view this content

But Abby and Jack making a movie of Dina's interviews is a nice idea.  I just wish it wasn't the premise for what's to come.

• Members

Devon had a conversation with Neil where Neil told him he can't love his child while disrespecting the mother.  Devon jumped to "you think I should get back with Hilary".  It was a huge leap that even Neil called out as such.  

There really hasn't been any explanation for why Devon changed his mind about wanting her to be the mother of his child other than that. Why he went along with her having the child after finding out she was lying and about to get inseminated behind his back, I still can't figure out. He did say he's ready to be a father but why not have a child with Simone, whom he really likes and respects so much. Why does it have to be Hilary? It's all very irrational to me.  

And why are they so dressed up like they are going to The Oscars. 

Thank you. 

• Members

Looks that way.  Somewhere @rlj's head is exploding LOL

Those movie theater scenes were bad.  REALLY bad.  

Marla sold her scenes today before they went to the theater.  One of the things SS did right was bringing Dina back.  

Cane's smary ass makes me hurl.  A Lame scene isn't complete without a nasty remark about Hilary.  Charlie should be the Ashby presence on the show and to hell with his parents.

Archived