Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The cast feels claustrophobic to me. This is problematic for multiple reasons... they can't adequately write for the actors they have, a larger cast wouldn't work, yet it's absolutely boxed in. I can't really handle seeing Sharon and Jack in every single episode. Contempt is setting in, despite that Sharon is/was more tolerable than in years.

My issue with the Jabot thing is that it's not even in Traci's orbit. Sure, she probably wouldn't run the company, but couldn't they have tapped her for input? Kinda insulting. We'll just have another scene where she's at a dinner table or being confused for an orderly.

• Members

If they wanted Tracy on, she could easily be utilized in a way that doesn't seem counter to her history. Tracy as CEO of jabot doesn't work for me. However, why not have her as a writer for The Hilary Hour. Or as publicist for jabot. 

• Members

To inject some positivity in this thread, can we talk about how fabulous Joshua Morrow was in today's episode. He gave a powerful, layered, fully realized performance. Sharon Case, Gina Tognoni, and Camryn Grimes provided great support but the episode belonged to Morrow.

You know I have to chuckle when people on this board complain that Morrow can't act.  It simply isn't true.  When he's handed the right material, he knocks it out of the park, like he did today. Kudos to him for once again showing why he's been kept on the show for 24 years. F the haters!!

• Members

Ita!!! I never hated him, though I hated his overexposure as I do any character. I think he's a good actor with a character who's been abused, much like Sharon. I hope that this time is for keeps with the coupling. He has layers like Sharon now,even if Sharon Case does most of the heavy lifting. They have a chemistry that will never go. I hope that when the JT secret comes out that Nick is understanding and supportive.

• Members

Tuned in for 5 minutes today for the first time in over a week and Hilary lied about being Prom Queen or something?  Cringeworthy....changed the channel.  How ridiculous that someone that age would still be whining over some story of not being crowned or wearing a used gown?   Ugggghhhh. 

Archived