Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I was the only one who didn't take issue with JT being used for that story, your continued through line joke might not come across as harassment. As things stand, it's gotten old and become less funny each time you do it. Move on. 

• Members

I enjoyed today's scenes with Hilary/Devon/Charlie/Shauna. I thought the "promposal" was sweet. I thought that Charlie and Shauna were sweet and cute together. I also thought she looked nice in the prom dress she was wearing. 

Also, I thought that Nick and Sharon should have told Victor/Nikki together about them getting back together instead of telling them individually. Maybe Nikki wouldn't have expressed as much displeasure if they had told them together along with Victor.

And I don't really care for Phyllis pushing Billy to remain the CEO of Jabot permanently. I think that Jack or Ashley are currently the only two Abbots who should be running that company. 

• Members

I think they feel she doesn't really want to run the company or else she would have stepped up. Though, in hindsight it would have been in both of their best interests if they could have somehow convinced her to do it. I actually think they both originally thought that Billy wouldn't want to run the company long term either. He was hesitant at first to come back to Jabot when Jack asked him to and help keep an eye on Kyle.  Ashley also gave him her ideas like she thought he would automatically go along with them instead of coming up with new ones of his own. And it looks like he won't do that especially with Phyllis pushing him to make the job his own.

I think that Ashley making Billy the permanent CEO will come back to bite her. Just like the Blood Abbot clause came back to bite Jack (and also Ashley/Kyle.). I think that should she want to run the company herself, she's going to have a harder time getting Billy to step down.  I believe he will love being the CEO and not want to give up the job.

• Members

what business experience with Jabot does Traci have? with all the post about how stupid everything else is on this show, how would that make any sense?

and Jack got bit by his own short term scheme AGAIN. so now Billy is supposed to step aside to sooth his hurt feelings? Screw Jack.

• Members

So Arturo, the guy with the tight shirts and a ton of product in his hair, knows nothing about buying a suit? He’s so fashion stupid that he tries on pleated pants? 

Those suit scenes with Abby were excruciatingly stupid.

As were the Jabot remodeling scenes. Three days after taking over as CEO, Billy decides to remodel? Huh??? And space is so tight Jack has to share an office with Kyle? Who is writing this crap?

Then we get the Nick Returns to Newman stuff.  The entire episode reeked of Mal saying “I just saw the ratings and I’m changing stuff all over the place. Yesterday’s promposal was just the beginning.”

Archived