Y&R May 2018 Discussion Thread

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought that the NIkki/Arturo/Abby scenes were the most interesting scenes from yesterday's show. Though I also thought that Nikki was inappropriate in how she treated Arturo and interrogated him and Abby about their interaction, and am wondering what are Arturo's feelings really are about Nikki/Abby.

Nikki was really pressing him about his relationship with Abby and trying to get every detail she could about the time they spent together. I also think she was wrong to suggest that he possibly took advantage of Abby, especially considering he is a business associate of hers.

That's not something she should have accused him of, unless she truly believed it. (Which she didn't she was just trying to see if him and Abby had slept together.) I thought he was right to tell her not to comment on his dating life, since they are not longer together and she decided she only wanted to be with Victor.. 

And I wonder what he really thinks about Abby. He's being really supportive/flirty towards someone he claims is "not his type." Maybe he is just really flirty/chivarlous and this is a smokescreen to get him and Nikki to resume their relationship. Maybe he spends more time bonding with Abby, Nikki continues to be jealous, admits her feelings and they decide to resume their relationship. And then maybe Abby gets romantically involved with Arturo's brother that he mentioned the other day, who might come to town and be introduced to her through Arturo.

• Members

Jack is at least 65. Sorry, I just can't see why it'd matter at this point. Especially since he's still got the same family. Even a blood tie to them all through Dina. Billy isn't his brother by blood but that's really no great loss. 

Please register in order to view this content

Hilary is being treated like a human being by everyone today. Nikki was gracious and accepting. I'm hoping that they are moving away from Hilary as the town pariah. 

Jack and neils scenes were great despite Jack's over the top woe is me.  Did anyone else think it odd that Neil used Devon being his adopted son versus him finding out late in life that lily wasn't his biological child to make a comparison to jack? I understand that Mal has interest in fathers and sons but that beat was just sitting right there to be picked up. 

Sharon and nick seem too fast. Makes me think it won't last very long. Especially with this JT secret looming. I'll give it until the show casts it's next 40 something white leading lady. 4 months?  With that said, Joshua Morrow looks so damn good right now with his new haircut. 

• Members

The Shick reunion is definitely going warp speed. It just feels like they didn’t know what else to do with them. 

I can understand Jack being very, very upset about learning his late father wasn’t really his dad. It’s not an insignificant development that he’d shake off and laugh about. But this self-flagellation with Jack all bruised up and drinking is too much. And I do wonder why they haven’t included more John Abbott flashbacks.

• Members

Wow, again??  I haven't seen today's episode but this would be the second time that there was a moment ripe to reference Lily's paternity but was dropped.

People had mentioned previously that it wasn't mentioned during Abby and Lily's conversation about Jack/John. 

Is Mal hoping that if he doesn't script any mentions that the audience will somehow forget about Malcolm?

• Members

I think it's just cause Mal isn't interested in Neil's relationship with lily. It's like he picked up prattl's worse story telling traits. Instead of writing what naturally follows and makes sense, he writes what's in line with what he wants to focus on. In this case it's Devon and Neil. 

• Members

When we find out Victor is Jack's father (because Eric Braeden is old enough to be Jack's father) will you tune out...or will you keep watching?  Did you tune out when you found out Jill was Katherine's daughter?  Jack is actually Victor Newman Jr., and not John Abbott Jr. 

• Members

EB and PB have a 12 year age difference, so I doubt Victor is going to be Jack's father.

Victor once mentioned to Abby that he wasn't even living in Genoa City when Dina was married to John Abbott. Didn't Dina reveal that she would meet Jack's father in a motel on the outskirts of Genoa City? If so, that leads me to believe that he was someone that lived in or near Genoa City.

Besides, if Jack has any Newman DNA, it would've been discovered during the Who's the Daddy for Summer and Faith. 

If the writers decide to ignore previous DNA tests and make Jack a Newman, the retcon could be that Dina had an affair with Albert Miller, who would have lived in or near Genoa City under a new identity after abandoning his family, thus Jack and Victor would be half brothers.

• Members

Let's face it.. half of the going ons would be so much better if Jill was around.  The show has spent the last decade plus thinking Victor/Jack make the show... but since Jess Walton took a reduction in working... the lack of Jill is more noticeable.  Doubt the show will admit that.

Archived