GH: May 18 Discussion Thread

• Members

The Nurses’ Ball looks more low rent every year. 

The lighting is bright and garish, the white furniture looks cheap, and  Y&R dresses actors 10x better every day than wardrobe has dressed these ball goers.

And what’s up with all the blue? Almost every set is bathed or drenched in blue, and now it’s hit the ball, too. Just ugly. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That blue.  When they are at that restaurant or club or whatever it is with blue walls and blue everything the actor’s teeth also look blue when they smile.  Something is not right there, yet it airs on a show watched by millions every day.

• Members

I've really tried to watch this week. First time since the end of January. LAWD. I've still got Thursday and Friday's episodes left.

Maura West looks fabulous though. Good for her.

So many things remain wrong with this show. No wonder ratings are sinking.

Laura Wright's boytoy and James Patrick Stuart are just chewing the scenery in this awful storyline. My god. So bad. Stuart was laughable as he screamed in character to Peter. Lawd. Make it stop! So embarrassing.

And not that Laura Wright's boytoy is some amazing thespian or anything but I'll never take him seriously with that dirt on his face and that hair sweeping in his eye. I never thought he was THIS awful. Do soaps really bring out the worst in actors? lawd.

And the point of Franco, Nina, Finn, Kim, Julian? Pets galore! Pets everywhere!

What's the point of hottie Harrison Chase? Is he Morgan with no memory? I keep waiting for that especially now with the blanket thing. But I've missed a couple of months. He's OK but seems like just another in a long string of hard bodied lackluster 'actors' who Frank finds hot. So in a couple years I imagine he'll be gunned down too. Wash, rinse and repeat.

• Members

It's kind of sad that this show is failing.  I do think Nathan Varni and Frank drive a lot of the story decisions. I've gotten the feeling that Altman and Van Etten love the show and some of what they've tried to do i.e. humanize some of the characters, emphasis a few of the good people (Anna, Griff, Finn) were worthy efforts.  Ironically, I think Ron needed at least one co-head to keep him in line.  Chris would have been a good choice.  But there's no way the show is going to improve at this point. I think they are moving to a Days type shooting schedule and are required now to write way in advance (by committee with Darth Varni hanging over every pitch).  Sad.  Ron sure loved the ratings report this week where Days topped (pun intended) GH in overall ratings.

• Members

Thank you!

Of course he is. I think I actually remember reading that before and just forgot. lol.

Zzzz. Lawd.

I don't think the writers are the real problem at the moment. Varni and Frank are. I really think Van Etten and Altman want to write a different show and I see glimmers of a GH I'd watch. I was kind of all in for a few months until February this year. Then it shifted and not for the better.

I was shocked to see Lucas playing doctor this week. About time! Why they don't use him more in this role instead of a dayplayer is beyond me. I was also shocked to see Brad.

• Members

We had the show they wanted to write.  It had Laura running for office and lots of other things going on that people were enjoying and investing in.  Then the network creeps and Frank undid it all and you can see they have been bland and treading water trying to get back in gear for months.  It reminds me of Passanate’s placeholding style of writing soaps.  Nothing going on, and way too many characters people are clearly not tuning in for.

Do none of these people remember when Guza, JFP and Wolf had driven the show into the ground, and Ron and Frank brought back vet after vet and the ratings started to go up?  They had their best numbers in 10 years and every day I saw a character I loved, even if the show was a sloppy mess.  It was a mess I recognized and wanted to check in to.  I’m not watching for Finn, Nina, Franco, etc.  I even don’t hate Peter and Valentin.  But without a Spencer there, the Cassadine’s are pointless to me.

Archived