Soap Stars and Religious Faith

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed, I think he was just self conscious initially. 

As someone raised in the Christian faith, I'd have to agree with those who say religion does NOT belong in the workplace. I think it's foolish for actors to protest playing love scenes (i.e. Ashley Lyn Cafanga or whatever her name is nowadays when she was on B&B) or request their characters stay virgins. It's a soap opera; you know what you signed up for. Don't like it? Put in your two week notice. 

• Members

I was raised Catholic, but am more lapsed now. I think religion is a personal issue. I think Passions was big on heaven and hell from what I read around here and elsewhere (never really watched - way too out there!), but most soaps tend to shy away. And I get it: Some believe, some don't. It's a matter of different people, different beliefs. I think soaps have to straddle that line, so religion tends to be saved only for soap weddings or if someone is dying.

One thing I will say? As it becomes more and more pervasive, I DON'T think religion belongs in political lawmaking. Believe what you believe. Go for it. But don't push YOUR faith on to everyone else. And I'll shut up now.

Archived