Old TV clips - misc.

DRW50

• Members

I don't think I saw his SNL episode. He has had so many high profile relationships that all seem to end badly. His first wife was Judy Carne (famous as the the Sock It To Me girl on Laugh in). They said he used to beat the crap out of her during their marriage. He then dated Inger Stevens (from the 60's TV show The Farmer's Daughter). She was found dead in 1970 of a suicide that looked suspicious. He was the last person to see her alive. He then dated Dina Shore (who was much older) and Sally Field (who refused to marry him). Then he married Loni Anderson who he abused and cheated on. 

Kristy was a great actress. Her brother Jimmy never really hit it big like she did. That entire album is on youtube and screams 1978. The song Slow Dance is pretty good. Karen Carpenter loved it so much she did a cover of it. About 5 years ago I caught an episode of that show Judge Mathis (who I never watch) and this woman was on there with the last named McNichol. The first thing that popped in my head was, I wonder if that is their Mom as a joke. The Judge then asked her to tell about herself and sure enough she said she was Caroline McNichol the mother of Kristy and Jimmy. She was being sued by a young guy who claimed he was her boy toy.....LOL

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I saw in one of the comments on the videos that there is another brother, Tommy, who was given away before the family hit it big, and has no real contact with them. If true, what a mess. No wonder Kristy struggled so.

Did you ever hear the story about the dead woman found in a hotel or a room where Reynolds and Susannah York were staying for a movie? That and the Dinah Shore stuff and then Sally Field kept Reynolds in the trash magazines every month for much of the '70s.

• Members

No, I hadn't heard about the dead woman. Ole Burt has a colorful past. That Dinah relationship was odd. What did she see in him ? I wish someone would release all of her 70's talk show so we could see it. I remember reading her Dinah and her daughter had a strained relationship during those years. 

Yes, I had read about another McNichol child and wondered why you never saw him with his siblings. The Mom seemed like a train wreck of what I saw. On that Judge Mathis show she was bragging that celebrity men wanted to be with her and said even Warren Beatty wanted her to be his kept woman. I remember reading she controlled her children's finances long after they were of age. She made some bad investments. 

• Members

I don't know if this was intended to be a commercial or what. It's listed as Crazy Curtain Lady. It appears to be filmed late 80's to the mid 90's. I almost expect Fran Drescher to appear and yell " Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa". She really loves curtains.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This is really, really wonderful, if you get a chance to watch it.

Who is the man (we hear him and don't see him) talking to Cybill Shepherd (I think that's her) at 35 minutes? His voice sounds so familiar.

• Members

I’m surprised I’d never seen this before: a four-way conversation about film between Vivien Leigh (fiercely intelligent and eloquent, wielding a cigarette like a sword), critic Ken Tynan, and studio mogul Samuel Goldwyn on a 1958 episode of Edward R. Murrow’s Small World. It’s a great watch, and I love how Vivien so strongly defends Orson Welles.

There’s an odd bit at the top when Murrow addresses Vivien, then just 45, as “Grandma,” which Vivien laughs off. (I suppose if she’s not offended, why should I be?)

Edited by Faulkner

• 3 months later...
  • Members

How come I haven't seen this before now! The one and only, the fabulous and lovely Ms Leigh!! 

Please register in order to view this content

I loathe Ken Tynan though. He had some kind of personal animosity going on towards Vivien and constantly criticized her acting. He did change his mind about her Lady Macbeth after her death though, but too little, too late Kenny-boy!