Overrated Vets

• Members

Drake Hogestyn is not a good actor, but he had/has charm and warmth, which does help.

Had Belle and Shawn not gotten together, making John Roman after all could have worked (since Wayne Northrop left again, then returned AGAIN as a retconned first evil hubby of Marlena's. And wouldn't she have noticed the eerie resemblance to WN's Roman? This is why retcons suck.) But with that happening, repairing the damage done to John is a no go. Not to mention that Brady would then be Brady Brady, unless he kept the Black surname.)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From watching 90s AMC lately on YT, I don't see how the character became popular at all. I find Trevor to be an unbearable brute, and it makes me root for Janet in every situation. 

I am totally fine with Janet putting his a** in the freezer years later. He was a pompous butthole. 

Pairing Beth with Alan was sacrilegious. Especially, since Alan did a lot of heinous stuff to her throughout the 80s. 

I found that BC's Beth had chemistry with all her leading men BUT Phillip, which I was fine with at that point in time. I enjoyed Phillip with the likes of Harley and Olivia. I hated Phillip/Beth together. I preferred Beth with the likes of Bill, Edmund, and even Coop her final years on the show. 

• Members

COOP? Jesus, take the wheel, I'm glad I've forgotten whatever that fuckery was about....

I'd say a "vet" has ten years on a show or fifteen in the business. Its more than a four year standard contract, its someone pretty regularly employed for a number of years. 

Archived