Overrated Vets

• Members

I think every show has had at least one classic character that they could live without.

GH- Tony Jones.  I could not stand this guy.  He was practically insufferable for me.  Guza certainly destroyed him, but I wasn’t really that upset with it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I'm just tired of the "He's so-and-so/No, wait, he isn't" retcons to his true identity.  Part of me has wondered for a long time whether John is, in fact, a cyborg.

YES.  Especially Ryan.  At best, Cameron Mathison can do light, romantic comedy.  He's serviceable in all those Hallmark movies.  But AMC insisted on giving him and Ryan dark and heavy material that did no one any favors.

• Members

Excellent example.  I felt the same.  What a waste of Natalie, Janet, and Laurel.

I also didn’t really enjoy Jackson Montgomery.  He was one of my least favorite pairings with Erica, and the fact that they kept getting them back together was annoying.

• Members

GLs Beth (as portrayed by Beth Chamberlain). She never had the chemistry with Grant Aleksandr that Judi Evans did, and had zero chemistry with most of her male costars. Then GL went off a cliff and made her their version of Sharon Newman, slutting around between breakdowns. Pairing her with Alan? 😱

• Members

To this day, I have the hardest time understanding how AMC went from "Mercenary Man" to "Uncle Porkchop."

Same.  Walt Willey just comes across too much like a game show host.

YES.

Here's one to add to the list: OLTL's Todd Manning.  Doesn't matter to me whether we're talking about Roger Howarth or Trevor St. John.  I just wanted the character to die (and stay dead).

• Members

DOOL Rafe Hernandez.  Total loser.  Supposed to be a hero yet breaks the law when it's convenient and gets away with everything.  Floated on the Salem River for days and yet didn't die.  Now welded to Hope Brady, formerly an icon on the show.  He has zero chemistry with Hope and the story stinks, yet DOOL pushes them like they are a super couple.  Galen Gering never acts.  He just "plays" Galen.

Archived