Y&R Actor Out?

• Members

The Reed character was brought back as more story for Billy. He was struggling at the time and Reed was supposed to endear him to the audience (TLL read with JT for his audition and Sony put out an entire survey focusing on JT as Billy with one of the questions surrounding Billy's relationship with Reed without a question even mentioning Victoria). The story they wanted to play was Billy vs Cane with their teens dating. Writers did play the beat but it was never major in the Billy vs cane rivalry. And by the time Vikki got with JT and Cane back with lily, the rivalry had been scrapped. The purpose for Reed then became null. 

Also, MY has this idea that only lead characters should get focus while supporting characters "serve the story".  This has led to poorly defined characters with little or even less defined  motivation for actions that push the plot. That position, along with the end of focusing on Billy vs Cane rivalry resulted in a disappearing Reed, along with his romance with Matilda. 

Speaking of that survey, it seems the show dialed Billy back quite a bit. I wonder if the responses had anything to do with that? 

For what it's worth, the actor that plays Kyle also read with JT. Considering what I've seen onscreen, I think he's more a foil for Billy than Jack. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly...How I wish this spoiler was not true. Since Daniel I didnt like many young teens on the show until Reed. He was perfect with Mattie and I saw the potential if written for.  I hate this. Everytime I love a character they do this. 

Well said.

Archived