Y&R April Spoilers

• Members

blahblahlah, they are trying to play up the verbal abuse aspect because they know the physical abuse aspect is basically non-existent. He "choked" her but she slapped him in the same scene, so what's good? It's one thing to go ahead and pursue/execute a storyline like this, but it is a whole nother to halfheartedly ATTEMPT this kind of SL in the way Y&R has. It's an insult to those of us that have actually experienced abuse. 

i mean they keep playing up the "he pushed Victor down the stairs, omg!" angle of this story as well, when anyone that watched saw Victor beating the crap out of JT a few minutes earlier and JT only pushed Vic out of self-defence/knee-jerk reaction. So, really... what's good?

PS: get a grip, or please continue to ignore my posts.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YOU get a grip. YOU will NOT BULLY ME.....She also did not slap him. I have the episode saved and many who saw know she only tried to get away from him...He manipulated her to believe otherwise. 

You ignore my posts. You cannot bully me or anybody else. Who are you to disrespect anybody who did nothing to you? You are childish and immature. You seem to think you need to get the last word????

• Members

i thought I was on ignore? 

she is continually slapping him and he's telling her to stop, but because he's a "big strong man" who cares, right?

and let me refresh your memory of this gem:

omg, Victoria is sooooo abusive! But wait...  So, you'll forgive me if I'm not falling for this bs, misogynist lazy writing. At no point in this storyline was Victoria ever portrayed or played as a victim, except to push the nonsense abuse aspect to BYSTANDERS (Sharon, her mom, and Phyl). I mean in Hawaii Victoria had ALL the power, even told JT to eff off and came back to Genoa City. 

• Members

Hilary is already ruined. What this lie ruins is Devon and Hilary's romance for good. 

But I lean more towards her world rocked being that Hilary finding out she's not pregnant after she thought she was and attempted to use the baby to control Devon. Further pushing him away and ending their little reunion this go round. This moves her on to Kyle so she can play Bonnie and Clyde with him until he eventually dumps her for summer/Mariah. 

Whatever it is, it will involve a scheme and manipulation by Hilary that will blow up in her face. 

Whatever occured between Vikki and Lily/Abby/Ashley doesn't mean that Vikki can't be abused by JT. It's like your saying Vikki deserved what JT did because she was mean to some others at work. 

• Members

I would like for Hillary to just move on, but it will Devon and only him to do this. he keeps giving her chance after chance the fouler she gets. 

as for that poster, yes. they have been saying that Vicki is at fault for JT's horrible behavior. where that person got that from is beyond me.  blamingg an abused person for the abuser's behavior.....can never get behind that.

• Members

nope. What I'm saying is how can we as viewers draw a line? Do we take what we are seeing as evidence, or are we just supposed to believe what characters tell us is happening? How are we supposed to label JT an abuser but ignore Victoria oe Victor's own abusive behaviour? Um, hello?

as for the Hilary stuff - it's obvious they're not gonna make her do anything too terrible, as exemplified by Lily being an obstacle for her/Devon's relationship. I'm sure what "rocks" her will be some sort of Lily/Cane scheme. 

• Members

I hope that Hilary is able to have children ?(and is in good health) but maybe we will find out that she isn't. I definitely wonder what is going on with her.

Here's a few more Hilary/Devon spoilers that someone posted on Daytime Royalty's website for an article.

Hilary is going to try and mend fences with Devon by offering to go over business plans with him. Devon is not going to want to really be around her. He is going to tell Tessa to take Hilary to dinner to discuss the business plans instead. It looks Tessa/Hilary will go to the athletic club where Hilary will see Devon and Simone together. Hilary is going to try and interfere with their date and then faint and will wonder if she's pregnant.

I wonder how Devon will react to this information and if it will cross his mind that Hilary is pregnant. (Even if she isn't.) Maybe we will see Hilary go to the Doctor and get some information about her health.

• Members

But who is ignoring Victoria and Victor's behavior, though? Who says that Victor isn't an abusive man or that Victoria hasn't don't dirt to others. Neither negates that JT is wrong. 

That lily and cane drama seemed a story bridge of sorts. I'm fairly sure that Hilary will be the villain to her own story coming up. Lily's role will be saying "I knew I was right". That's been the dynanic for years now. I doubt this arc is a departure from that. 

Devon will assume Hilary is faking more than likely. The show seems insistent on having him appear smart where she's concerned (drawing up a contract) but only succeeds in making him look stupid (having a baby with a woman that he feels he has to draw up the contract with in the first place). 

• Members

you can't villanise a character for behaving the same way numerous characters (in the same storyline, mind you) are behaving. That's just lazy storytelling, gender/character bias, and crapping on viewers in general. Ew.

as for Hilary... nah. I feel like the writers are truly trying to free Hilary from being "messy" herself, and she will be a character that more oft than not will be finding herself in mess as it were. And I do believe this is only the beginning of Lily sheming... the door has been opened, and the actress probably likes the idea of playing a more layered character. I think she probs won't be able to conceive/will get ovarian cancer, or something. And then the little sis she's sponsoring will get pregnant (by Charlie?) and Hilary will raise that baby... probably keep it secret that Charlie's the father (Lily and them will find out later...) 

• Members

Look. I have stopped watching her story because IMPO she's shot to hell. 

Karma can come in other ways except flipping out and grabbing a woman by her throat, after she was told by the man's former wife that he lost his good sense after a series of crises. 

Archived