2018 Daytime Emmy Nominations

Faulkner

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually Stuart Damon is the second oldest living Daytime Emmy winning actor. The five oldest living Daytime Emmy winning actors are Henry Darrow (84), Stuart Damon (81), Larry Bryggman (79), Thom Christopher (77), and Eric Braeden (76). The five oldest living Daytime Emmy winning actresses are Helen Gallagher (91), Elizabeth Hubbard (84), Susan Flannery (78), Louise Shaffer (75), and Linda Dano (74).

I crunched some numbers and came up with a few more notes:

If John McCook or James Reynolds win, they would be the oldest actor at the time of their Daytime Emmy win (John at 73 years, 313 days; James at 71 years, 262 days). As of now, the oldest actor at the time of his Daytime Emmy win was the late Larry Gates, who won 1985 Supporting Actor at 69 years, 310 days.

Marci Miller is the first Lead Actress nominee born in the 1980s but if she wins she would not be the youngest Lead Actress winner at the time of her win. That record is held by Marcy Walker, who won 1989 Lead Actress at 27 years, 215 days. Only three Lead Actress winners were under 30 years old at the time of their wins: Marcy Walker, Cynthia Watros (29 years, 255 days), and Laurie Heineman (29 years, 307 days). 

Hudson West is the second Daytime Emmy nominee born in the 2000s and if he wins, he would be the youngest actor at the time of his Daytime Emmy win, at 11 years, 56 days. As of now, the youngest actor at the time of his Daytime Emmy win was the late Justin Gocke, who won 1989 Younger Actor at 11 years, 149 days. 

As of now, the youngest actress at the time of her Daytime Emmy win was Camryn Grimes, who won 2000 Younger Actress at 10 years, 133 days. Camryn is also the first Daytime Emmy winner born in the 1990s. In 1998, she and Bryant Jones became the first Daytime Emmy nominees born in the 1990s.

The five youngest living Daytime Emmy winning actors are Bryan Craig (26), Chandler Massey (27), Freddie Smith (30), Chad Duell (30), and Bryton James (31). The five youngest living Daytime Emmy winning actresses are True O'Brien (24), Hunter King (24), Lexi Ainsworth (25), Kristen Alderson (26), and Camryn Grimes (28).

• Members

http://soapcentral.com/days/news/2018/0323-chandler_massey_emmy_nomination_interview.php

Soap Central: Have you thought about who you might take with you to the awards when they come around at the end of April?

Massey: I guess my mom, if she wants to fly all the way out here again. That would be my first choice. I don't have a girlfriend, so I might have to hire one. [Laughs]

Soap Central: I'm sure you could just show up at the thing, and you'd have a million screaming girls eager to walk the carpet with you.

Massey: [Laughs] I don't know about that! But that's sweet of you to say.

Lawd he'd also have the guys screaming to walk with him on the carpet.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Thanks @Faulkner   I already knew what Chandler had submitted from his interview with SOC. Although he didn't mentioned submitting the scenes where Will sees Paul shirtless/towel only...LOL. I thought those were good scenes as well. His reaction to seeing him shirtless is priceless and I think he does his best work with Deidre Hall.

Archived