Y&R actor returns

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Honestly, I know soaps have often cast children close in age to their mothers, but this is at least as bad as Cady McClain as Jacob Young's mother on AMC.  Totally ridiculous.

Another upside to bringing on Moses is it would give Neil and Devon a little distance. People seem to like that Devon is standing on his own a little more, so bringing Moses on would let that continue while giving Neil story. I do think it will happen down the road.  Probably whenever they decide to age Johnny, Katie and Faith.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that's the role of Sam. He will be aged with Johnny, Katie, and Faith. 

Unless something drastic happens with HWG, it seems Neil comes back with nothing to do except try to break up Devon and Hilary. It's the last thing either character needs. 

• Members

Actually, I am glad to see KSJ back to work and I really hope things are going much, much better for KSJ. 

As for Neil, he's at the point he can be the patriarch of the Winters family and dispense out wise advice while keeping everyone in line. I think Neil still remains one of Y&R's more noble leading men in spite of Pratt's destruction of the character, the show made huge mistakes of always trying to still push Neil as #1, whether it was Neil/Karen, Neil/Tyra, Neil/Sophia, Neil/Hilary, Neil/Gwen etc. The show had something with Neil/Leslie but of course they show wasted it, and Neil/Ashley and Neil/Nikki were mere teases. 

However Neil definitely needs more to do than just be anti-Devon & Hilary, and that's where I see SOARSing Moses an asset as well or at least being a more fatherly figure to Charlie and Mattie than Cane. In fact Neil should be being constantly chewing out and remain critical of Cane, but TPTB's lips are so glued and puckered on Goddard's ass we don't get to see that happen. 

• Members

Before anything else, I'm just glad that KSJ appears to be in a much better, healther frame of mind. I hope he continues on this path and things get better for him each day that passes.

As for Neil, the writers may actually decide to cast him as a more moderate influence.  From the way things have been looking with Lily's new startup now becoming an affiliate of HWG, the writing seems to be leading her to be Hilary's #1 antagonist. Neil may end up being the one trying to keep the calm between parties.  It's still not much and I agree that if he was allowed to have his son Moses nearby, it would add more depth and dimension to the character.  As it is, the closest thing Neil will have is to try to get moderately parental with Charlie and try to convince him of the importance of an education.

Archived