Characters that survived multiple recasts

• Members

Vicky & Marley, Another World

1984-86- Ellen Wheeler

1986- Rhonda Lewin (Vicky only)

1987-1991- Anne Heche

1991-1999- Jensen Buchanan (mainly Vicky)

1998-99 Ellen Wheeler (Marley only)- Marley was disfigured in a hospital fire- ending the identical twin storyline- not to mention that Marley suddenly grew overnight as Wheeler was much taller than Buchanan 😂

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Re Patti on SFT

I guess this was an example of TPTB realizing the importance of that character, even though the continual recasts must have annoyed some viewers at the time.

They finally got a successful recast with Leigh Lassen and she was frontburner for several years. Finally Patti was rested after over 20 years in the story, then briefly recast with Tina Sloan. Then for several years it was as though Jo didn't have a daughter, before Patti returned.

Dorian OLTL

Nancy Pinkerton

Claire Malis 

Robin Strasser

Elaine Princi

Robin Strasser

Jamie AW

Tim Holcomb

Richard Bekins

Stephen Yates

Laurence Lau

But then Jamie was forgotten for the last 7 or so years.

• Members

The endless recasts in the role of Patti on SFT drove me around the bend. Leigh Lassen was the best of the bunch, IMHO. Tina Sloan was miscast; far too old.

Dixie Carter also subbed as Dorian while Pinkerton was on maternity leave, and she was pretty good too. OLTL was lucky with Dorian. They never had a dreadful actress in the role.

• Members

Blake, Guiding Light.  I liked everyone who played her...

Heather Rattray was awful as Lily on ATWT....just Awful.  Not Lily at all.  I remember it being so jarring when she appeared on the show.  She would have made a great Snore-toria on Y&R though. 

Archived