ghaw2007's Lyrics

• Members

Meaningless

Verse 1:  Oh my gosh - what are you doing? / You're a freak - get outta here / Take your tricks and treats away from here / When the music stops, feet keep moving / And you must do the same / Guzzle down your drinks / Take your tricks and treats away from here / If the weather is undesirable / You're going to have to deal with it / The moon and stars are bright enough / Take your tricks and treats away from here

Verse 2:  You're in my way - Move to the side / What I do and say is right / Take your tricks and treats away from here / When it's closing time, people rush in droves / You shouldn't be far behind / Rock and roll in another place / Take your tricks and treats away from here / If you're tired and unsatisfied / Energize and satisfy yourself / You've got two hands and two legs / Take your tricks and treats away from here

Bridge:  What you say, what you do / All of who you are / Is of no importance to me / You don't have the ability / To effect me in a profound way / And I'm sure that pisses you off to no end / Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! 

Chorus:  Supposed insults, projected insecurities – meaningless / Explanations of personal failures – meaningless / Attempts at intimidation – meaningless / Unheard discussions, common or rare - meaningless

Written by B. (Sunday, August 31, 2014) Copyright 2014

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Big Love
Verse 1:  In and out of love / Losing and reclaiming your senses / Head over feet and feet deeply immersed in hot water / On top of the world, ruling like a king / But when it's no longer simple, you've been dethroned / Stop and smell the roses because nothing last forever / But you promised to cherish and obey / Until your last breath / A fool among the suckers / Nothing more than ordinary / When attention is given, time comes to a halt
Verse 2:  Rocking and rolling to sublime, classic vibes / Lost in the energies created from tribal sounds / The fatherland gave way to all that exist / To whom much is given, much is required / It goes beyond skin / As it comes from deep within / Electricity is generated when you're whole and complete / But there's an epidemic of brokenness / And confusion is pervasive / As you're afforded many options / Pleasure blends into pain
Verse 3:  You're tired of walking with an abundance of emotions / Being pulled in every direction / Is more exhausting than it seems / Comfort is in small supply / As most remain home and dry / With common minds and lack of fortitude / All that they are has been inherited / Without shame or outrage / Thoughts and actions are stagnant / Desire for recognition and peace lingers on / It goes unfulfilled
Chorus:  As natural as water and air / As complex as the solar system / As powerful as a nuclear weapon / Big love, big love, big love / The living force in every creature / The cause of every effect / The only thing real to all / Big love, big love, big love
Written by B. (Monday, February 8, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Vibes
Verse 1:  So mesmerized, completely hooked / On your breath and your sounds / There are no words to describe / What I get from seeing you / Top to bottom, in and out / You're joyfully different / Fly me to the moon / And let's live on every planet
Verse 2:  When I drink from your cup of cool / I'm radically energized / It's like the sun lives in me / And every need is fulfilled / Inner storms have been calmed / Peace has taken hold / The benefits you deliver are genuine and whole
Bridge:  When every thought and cell are in sync / And the expressions you create are pure / Whatever force is generated / Will be greater than you realize / You'll develop hungry eyes
Chorus:  You've mastered the bass in your mind / Teach me how to multiply the vibes / And to let it flow with my blood / You're an engaging mystery / Who's able to bring forth wonder and spectacles / Teach me how to multiply the vibes / And to let it flow with my blood
Written by B. (Tuesday, February 9, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

The Young And The Restless

Verse 1:  Gathered around a table / In a well-designed boardroom / Ivy leaguers laying out a plan / With opinions and data collected from various sources / This information is as valuable as gold / There's a great desire to be still in body and mind / Suits and scientists are acting accordingly / Women will criticize each other for their shortcomings / Men will mock the ones who don't measure up to their standards / No one goes unscathed / A nip and a tuck / With a radical change in values / Is what the professionals have agreed upon

Verse 2:  Serial slashers are well-compensated / Their stock on the celebrity index increases / As lips become thicker, so do their wallets / The authentic movement is teaching the young / To embrace themselves as they are / But the fake industries work overtime / To create inferiority complexes / With funds that seem to be unlimited / This battle will be long and arduous / The professionals and simple folks / Will not give up the fight / There is just too much at stake

Bridge:  With futures as bright as the sun / And high optimism / The agendas of men are put into effect / Everyone has a role to play / In this game of life / As the young and the restless

Chorus 1:  We always want to be young / To be fresh and be full of life / Time is never on our side / Still, we always fight against it / Are we worthy of the efforts? / Do the ends justify the means? / What is the price to pay for a complete renewal?

Chorus 2:  We always want to be young (This won't be easy) / To be fresh and be full of life (It will get ugly) / Time is never on our side / Still, we always fight against it (Give the people what they want) / Are we worthy of the efforts? (This won't be easy) / Do the ends justify the means? (It will get ugly) / What is the price to pay for a complete renewal? (We're the young and the restless)

Written by B. (Wednesday, February 10, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

One of The Many
Verse 1:  Tied to a much larger group / But claiming a lesser status / The dominant force has relegated me to an inferior position / These confines are very restrictive across the land I inhabit / After all, these borders were created by someone else
Verse 2:  Nothing ventured, nothing gained / Habits are comforting / Giving away what's valuable / For something that's worthless / Deficits are constructed and disseminated like candy / It's no surprise that self-esteem is at an all-time low
Verse 3:  I'm qualified to be the architect of my odyssey / There are no shortcuts or safe routes to take / But it's necessary to explore beyond the maze / That has tarnished bodies and spirits / I may not be successful in transforming my environment / After all, this struggle has always been eternal
Bridge 1:  I've heard tales of abuse / Heard tales of torment / I've seen the look of disgust / Seen the look of utter contempt / Throughout seasons and generations nothing has changed / I acknowledge reality without accepting the way that things are
Bridge 2:  I've experienced distress / Experienced dissatisfaction / I've known sorrow and pain / Known frustration and helplessness / Throughout seasons and generations nothing has changed / I acknowledge reality without accepting the way that things are
Bridge 3:  I've longed for justice and peace of mind / Longed for contentment / I've acquired knowledge and sound advice / Acquired weight and skills / Throughout seasons and generations nothing has changed / I acknowledge reality without accepting the way that things are
Chorus:  I'm one of the many who isn't complacent / I'm one of the many who speak out / Against the conditions to which I'm all too familiar with / Believing in obvious lies is what weak people do / Taking things at face value is reserved for the naive / I want to rise above my artificial birthright
Written by B. (Wednesday, February 17, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

End of The Road

Verse 1:  Inappropriate ways of functioning / The one who should have nurtured failed miserably / She was a huge influence on the demise of your father / Even though you were never at fault / You were blamed for simply existing / Like a boat attempting to sail the fierce seas / You're constantly focused on not capsizing
Verse 2:  One day ahead is the furthest you've been in your mind / As what is recalled slowly erodes your consciousness / No matter what's sold as something to abstain from / Your curiosity is not cautiously discriminating / Without much effort, you fall into obvious traps / The same ones others are able to see from miles away / You won't take advice as it's difficult to trust / Hollow unions take precedent over useful alliances / Lack of discernment and an eagerness to please / Renders you incapable of shedding a fool's skin
Verse 3:  Issues and platforms are constructed or relegated to the sidelines / Some authors remain unknown / While others are elevated to a high status / Challenging their output is daunting and dangerous / Individual crimes are seen as being insignificant / But those are the ones that pose the greatest threat / The order of things is thrown off balance / And adjustments are made to usher in new normalities / Everything eventually falls into place / Those left behind are forgotten / Or serve as cautionary tales
Chorus:  You're a hundred times removed / From who you could have been / Hustling and bustling can only get you so far / The end of the road is closer than you realize
Written by B. (Thursday, February 18, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Start Breaking My Heart

Verse 1:  Start breaking my heart / Don't think about what you're doing / For if you do / You'll have to confront your demons / Our love was born in the echoes of commercial collections / With an artificialness that masqueraded as being pure / We accepted the falsity of wholeness / As a result, a price must be paid / Release me in any manner you choose / You're not beholden to my reactions / Disregard the difficulties I may endure / And the possibility of a breakdown / Take back your declarations and promises / They were gifts in the moment / And now the moment has passed / Words change like the days of history / We're simply evolving with the times

Verse 2:  In warfare, there are essential rules to adhere to / With the matter between you and I / Anything is fair game / Design a flag and mark the territory / To which you'll seize and control / I'm not afraid of fracturing into pieces / I'll eventually rebuild myself into something new / One cannot thrive without reinvention / Let the necessary process begin

Verse 3:  Start breaking my heart / Fight against the fear of inflicting pain / Dominate the notions which tell you otherwise / Be emotionless when you see me cry and wail / Alternative forms of separation are what I need / Disregard me and my state of being unbalanced / You're not accountable for my thoughts and actions / I'm the only one who's responsible / For how I deal with the outcome / This is how you and I will part ways

Chorus:  Connections - once thought of as being unbreakable / Have weakened to the point where they're unsalvageable / A cosmic realignment won't occur / No theory is necessary to know / That you should start breaking my heart

Written by B. (Wednesday, February 24, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Further

Verse 1:  Saint Cecilia rejected me / My heart was impure / I didn't display enough compassion for humanity / My behaviour was too careless / It was out of focus / I guess it's just another lesson to learn / I'll add it to the list of improvements

Verse 2:  I'm full of demons and decisions / Concealing their influences is a struggle / I'm slowly becoming what it is I've been taught to fear / Excessive freedom and apathy is a virulent mix / My antagonistic ways have drawn concern / I'm unmotivated when it comes to eliminating my pernicious condition / I don't want you praying for me

Verse 3:  If I listen intently, I may hear the echoes / Of what has been put into motion / I could remain heartless if it renders me unfazed / If I continue to go beyond limits / If lines of demarcation are erased and redrawn / If I ultimately break my own mind / I'll cease to exist in this current form / And that would be pleasing to many / Enough for them to celebrate my long awaited demise / But I'm alive as the fires consume my heart

Chorus:  I'm further away from where people want me to be / Living to their expectations is limiting / I'm seen as being a lesser man in need of a new outlook / Someone who should change their improper ways / What's hard is constantly being judged / As a result, I'm drifting further away from goodness

Written by B. (Wednesday, February 24, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Life As We Know It
Verse 1:  If you're fast, they'll chase after you / If you're slow, they'll run over you / If you're weak, they'll bury you into the ground / If you're strong, they'll try to wrestle with you / If you're fat, they'll poke you with pins / If you're skinny, they'll shove sandwiches in your mouth / If you're curious, they'll purchase books for you / If you're indifferent, they'll pity you / The scales of life, the spectrum / To which everything is measured upon
Verse 2:  If you're tall, they'll want to cut your legs off / If you're short, they'll want to sit on your head / If you're funny, they'll want you to entertain them / If you're stoic, they'll treat you like a robot / If you're black, they'll have no compassion for you / If you're white, they'll send you to the moon / If you're gay, they'll want you to be a clown / If you're depressed, they'll name pajamas after you / If you're cool, they'll think of you as arrogant / If you're awkward, they'll want to trip you over / The wheels of time, the journey / To which everyone is struggling on
Verse 3:  If you're sexually active, they'll think of you as a slut / If you're a virgin, they'll want you to live in basements / If you're famous, they'll want to break into your house / If you're obscure, they'll think of you as worthless / If you're right, they'll want to punish you / If you're wrong, they'll welcome you into their club / If you're free, they'll want to limit your options / If you're stuck, they'll rejoice with glee / The scales of life, the spectrum / To which everything is measured upon / The wheels of time, the journey / To which everyone is struggling on
Bridge:  It's difficult to distinguish between animals and humans / Being the sole inhabitant of an island is a recurring dream / There's only so many grits one can cook before insanity prevails
Chorus:  You've got to keep on walking / Act like a freight train / And roll over all things and those who get in your way / No regret, no remorse as you disintegrate in a dog eat dog world / This is life as we know it
Written by B. (Monday, November 9, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

The Bold And The Beautiful

Verse 1:  Pleasant revelation right before my eyes / Big lips, big nose and a great skin tone / I crave every shade of brown / When I look at you, I also want to touch you / I'm wise enough now; I know better / Confusion has been cast aside / You're the only one on my radar / The only one who catches my attention / Strength and confidence are emanating from you / You're naturally spectacular / The things that you've built are marvelous / I want to get a peek inside of your brain

Verse 2:  When I'm on the hunt / I have no intention to kill / Just a look from you gives me such a thrill / To the bone, a vibrating chill that gently shocks my senses / And when you go away / All that I can say is "Hey man! What the dill?" / I don't need a doctor to prescribe junk in the form of pills / I'm sure someone like you won't bend over backwards / Just to pay the bills / Determination and discipline are emanating from you / Who you are is colourfully magnetic / I'd like to unravel your mystery

Verse 3:  Intimidation doesn't persuade you / You're not scared to say what you mean and mean what you say / Haters will hate as the world keeps on turning / Although you ignore them / Their eyes and mouths are burning / You can tear a bull with minimal effort / Then feed its flesh and bones to your detractors / Desire and awareness are emanating from you / You're internationally minded / How you think is inspirational / I wish that you'll teach me your ways

Chorus:  You are bold, you are beautiful / Bold and beautiful, bold and beautiful / You are mighty fine, you are mighty fine / Bold and beautiful

Written by B. (Wednesday, August 31, 2016) Copyright 2016

• Members

Oh Hell No!
Verse 1:  Show me that you're worthy of my time and my life / Prove to me that you're better than fine / Convince me to take a chance on you

Verse 2:  Life is a journey to cherish and explore / Many sights, many sounds to create and revel in / So much beauty to aspire to / A wealth of passion to attain / It's considerably better to experience it with another
Verse 3:  Secrets and lies wrapped up in disguise / And manifested in different ways / To ultimately further a hidden agenda / Are prevalent any way you turn / One must always be on guard

Chorus 1:  I'm ready, I'm willing to form a lasting union / But I won't be played for a fool / Oh hell no!

Chorus 2:  Still I'm ready, I'm willing to form a lasting union / But I won't be played for a fool / Oh hell no!
Written by B. (Monday, August 3, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

Eyes Wide Shut
Verse 1:  Generating hits, you've got several smashes / You should be smiling from ear to ear / Why the sadness and disappointment? / There are many who would kill to be in your spot / That's not an exaggeration / It's a proven fact / If your eyes were wide open, you'd know this / Step outside of white and be in black / To experience the way that things are / Every spectrum of the rainbow / Waiting to capture your attention
Verse 2:  A blockbuster falling into your lap / You're so lucky but you don't act that way / There are many who would trade places with you / Right or wrong, this is how it is / You try to shield yourself from knowing many things / Ignorance is not bliss / But you wish that were the case / Bells are always ringing inside your head / Stillness of mind is difficult to attain / If you step outside of white and be in black / Every spectrum of the rainbow will be revealed to you
Chorus:  If your eyes are wide shut / Then so is your mind / Your heart is closed / And your spirit is broken / Running blindly without a care in the world / Indifferent to emotions and badly bruised / With your eyes wide shut 
Written by B. (Sunday, August 9, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

The One That Got Away
Verse 1:  You're as lovely as a rose / That I want to pluck out of the ground / Place inside a box and throw into the sea / Watch it drift away / And be glad by what I've done
Verse 2:  What you presented to me was nothing more than a dream / A fantasy concocted in your laboratory / I was your experiment / Someone to observe and analyze / My flesh and my bones were not seen as important to you / Wants and needs were driven underground / I was swallowed whole and rolled around inside you
Verse 3:  I'm the one who got away from your influence / From all that you have created / Chains were broken and new thoughts are forming / All my senses are revitalized / I never knew that I could be vibrant
Chorus:  Broken promises led to the realization / That you were being truthful about yourself / At that point, denial ran its course / You captured the spotlight as I viewed from the sidelines / It was like I was a trinket for your shallow life / So I become the one that got away
Written by B. (Monday, December 21, 2015) Copyright 2015

• Members

Reveal

Verse 1:  I don't know / I do not know if you know who I am / I'm just a guy who stands five foot six / And weighs a hundred and forty pounds / I've wondered / I have wondered if you have ever noticed me / I don't stand out / And I'm definitely not a part of the in-crowd / We've been introduced on a few occasions / I remember each time we have met / There is so much that I would like to say to you

Verse 2:  I'm hoping / I am hoping that I don't embarrass myself / Taking chances in life comes with no guarantees / I wished they did / I'm thinking / I am thinking about you and I / Sometimes I over-analyze situations / Causing me to get ahead of myself / We've been introduced on a few occasions / How could I forget the times we have met / There is so much that I would like you to hear

Verse 3:  I'm opening myself to you / Heartfelt emotions are what I want to get through / I'm flawed and I know / Please don't try to hide it, you are too / Bring out the best in me / I'm determined to try the same with you / Expect nothing less from me / I'm more than willing to explore whatever lies ahead / We've been introduced on a few occasions / You caught my attention at the first second / There is so much that I would like you to remember

Chorus 1:  Let me begin by saying that I love you / I've never felt this way before / My heart starts beating faster / Every time I get closer to you / Is the feeling mutual / Or have I spoken too soon / Either way I want you to reveal yourself / The way I have done with you

Chorus 2:  I love you, oh yes I do / I've never felt this way before / My heart starts beating faster / Every time I get closer to you / Is the feeling mutual / Or have I spoken too soon / Either way I want you to reveal yourself / The way I have done with you

Written by B. (Wednesday, February 9, 2005) Copyright 2005